Author Topic: Pre/Post Op Surgery w/ Dr. Fielding (Nov. 18)  (Read 2867 times)

Offline dizahs

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,
My surgery date is on Nov 18...Already had the pre op surgery appointment, paid and everything...

I was wondering if you guys could tell me if there's anything I should be doing before the surgery and after the surgery that is recommended by experience...I know sometimes dr's don't say much (I know from experience, had tonsillisectomy over the summer, forums helped me alot)...I will be posting up before/after pics after my surgery...Let me know what I can expect...

Thank you.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Did Leslie give you the list of surgery Do's and Dont's?

The main thing is that if you smoke, you need to stop for a few weeks prior to surgery.

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline RandomCanadian

You're allowed to eat and drink up to the midnight before your surgery day. If your surgery is booked for after lunch like mine was, I definitely recommend filling up your tank for the long journey.

Offline dizahs

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply...

Any comments on staying at the hospital over night? Am i going to be ok to drive the next morning? Cuz she said they won't allow me...But i really wouldnt want to bus...

Anything else I should be doing the first few days, after the surgery...?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Any comments on staying at the hospital over night? Am i going to be ok to drive the next morning? Cuz she said they won't allow me...But i really wouldnt want to bus...

There should be no problem with you driving the next day. However, it may be hospital policy not to let patients drive themselves home at any time... regardless if you are capable to do so...

Anything else I should be doing the first few days, after the surgery...?

Yeah, just take it very easy and no reaching over your head...

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024