Author Topic: Questions about Karidis surgery  (Read 2311 times)

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
For those of you who have had surgery with Dr. Karidis i was just wondering if you could answer a few questions for me if you don't mind :)

Do you have any tips for preparing for the surgery?
Can i not drink any water the morning of the procedure?
at what stage did you stop wearing any type of compression vest?
do you think it would be difficult to hide it from your family?
how long till i can go for a run do you think?
have you guys quit beer in case anything comes back??

sorry if these are a bit tedious, just really nervous about the surgery and want to make sure i do everything right!
Any responses will be greatly appreciated :)
Surgery with Dr. Karidis, 16th August 2011: currently recovering  https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=23731.0

Offline scuba

• Posting Member
hey mate,

I had my op a week ago.
No pre-op tips, just avoid alcohol and aspirin. You shouldnt drink any water the day of the operation.
About the vest, I am planning to wear it for 2 weeks 24 hours a day and then for 2 more weeks in nights only.
I think it is not easy to hide it from your family the first 4-5 days due to limited movement you ll have. Also, in the first night you might have some bleeding. After the 4th or 5th day your arms movement will be much better so they ll not understand anything unless they see of feel your vest.
Regarding the beer, I dont think that drinking beer can cause ur gyne to come back

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
cheers dude, i spend a lot of time in my room at the moment so hopefully they won't notice my limited movement :)

Offline ShakerMaker

• Posting Member
As far as tips go, just eat well and drink plenty of fluids. Try and go into the surgery in the best shape you can to increase your chances of a good result.
I think there's like a 6-hour cut-off for drinking water, my surgery was at noon so I couldn't drink after 6am if I remember correctly.
Stopped wearing after 2 weeks. Those things are a real pain in the arse, but necessary if you want a good result.
I hid it from my housemate so it is possible, but like you I stayed in my room alot. You won't be able to move your arms above your head for the first couple of weeks so take that into account, otherwise you should be able to pass as pretty normal unless anyone happens to slap you in the chest, or give you a bear hug, then you're in the s**t  :). Just say you're feeling unwell or something, bunk down, and put in a performance worthy of an oscar.
I'd say at least 4-6 weeks before going on a run. The pain lingers for a bit. You'll forget about it for the most part but doing things like walking down stairs or going over speed bumps will remind you it's still healing so going for a run would be quite painful until the healing's just about done I would imagine.
Unless it was beer that caused your gyne I wouldn't give it a second thought tbh. I didn't drink during the healing phase but that's about it.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
For those of you who have had surgery with Dr. Karidis i was just wondering if you could answer a few questions for me if you don't mind

Do you have any tips for preparing for the surgery? - Nope. Don't waste your time thinking about it, just turn up on the day and let them do their magic

Can i not drink any water the morning of the procedure?Nope and no food either. I munched on some fruity chewing gum to help my morning mouth and spare anyone I spoke to and melted with my breath lol...helped with dry mouth massively too.

at what stage did you stop wearing any type of compression vest? 4 weeks roughly.

do you think it would be difficult to hide it from your family? If you live in the same house, yes, for sure. Tell them beforehand so you can be relaxed as they probably notice it.

how long till i can go for a run do you think? about 8 weeks after surgery i was running. Gym at 6 but I didn't want to "shake" everything that felt tender by running.

have you guys quit beer in case anything comes back?? Nope.

sorry if these are a bit tedious, just really nervous about the surgery and want to make sure i do everything right!
Any responses will be greatly appreciated

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
cheers for the advice guys :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024