Author Topic: low coagulation...  (Read 1137 times)

Offline swguy

• Posting Member
Had my consultation recently (Dr. Karidis), all went well.
Dr is great, answered all questions and is happy to help me.
I paid initial deposit for a surgery in Feb 2012, had blood test done at the clinic, Have used all my annual leave to have Feb away from work for recovery.

This week i received a call to say i need to have another blood test done as my coagulation level is a bit lower than normal. So next week im gonna be having another blood test done at my GP and results faxed through to the clinic.
I have to say im worrying quite a lot about this though,
if the blood test result isnt an improvement will my surgery be cancelled or are there drugs that can be given to assist in the low levels mentioned (either pre or post op)?
Anyone else been though this scenario? 
Help appreciated.

Offline Swarley

• Bronze Member
Don't panic.

Something similar happened to me many years ago, and it turned out I had a cold (and didn't even know it).

Apparently my body had produced so many white blood cells to fight it off, it skewed the results of a blood test. Also a nurse took my blood pressure and thought I was about to have a heart attack!

I went back 2 weeks later to get re-tested, and everything came out fine.

So, in all likelyhood, it's probably just that that something weird had affected you that day, like a cold, or something you ate or drank etc. Or maybe they screwed up testing the blood sample.

In any case, get another test done, and see what that says.
It will probably come out fine, but if it doesn't, then you need to talk to your GP about what could be causing the low reading, and what can be done to resolve it.
Surgery with Alex Karidis 8/11/11. Currently recovering.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024