Author Topic: Blood Test/Liver Count High due to Gallstones  (Read 2124 times)

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Hi,

I have been lurking on here for a couple of years but have finally decided that I want to get this rid of this condition and I want to choose Karidis.

As of yet i have not booked a consultation as i'm concerned by blood tests results may prevent surgery.  To cut a long story short a couple of years ago after a routine blood test I was advised that my liver results were higher than normal.  After an ultrasound they confirm that i have gallstones and this is the cause of higher than normal results.

Does anyone know if this would prevent surgery?  I would hate to go through the whole process only to find that I need to have to my gallstones removed before my Gyne! 

Thanks in advance

Offline linkin

• Posting Member
Hi,

I'm pretty sure that this wouldn't prevent surgery.

They normally only check FBC, U&Es and clotting. The test that would show up any abnormalities linked to gallstones is a liver function test (in particular a raised alkaline phosphatase or ALP).Once Karidis has taken your medical history he may decide to do a liver function test but I doubt it.

As long as your red blood cells are normal (FBC) and your clotting is normal they will be fine I'm sure.

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Hi,

linkin thank you for your reply very reassuring to know that good old gallstones will not prevent surgery.  I'm pretty much decided that this is the year i want to get this surgery and ideally in the next 3-5 months with Karidis.

Does anyone know how long after a consultation I would have to wait for a date for surgery?  Also I'm 6ft currently weighing 15.5stones so what would be the ideal weight i should be for the best results?

Thanks again in advance

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024