Author Topic: Scar reduction creams/gels  (Read 2297 times)

Offline linkin

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

A week to go before my op  :o and trying to plan what I'll need post-op. Obviously scarring could be a bit of an issue so I just wondered whether anyone had any experience with scar reducing creams/gels etc?

I've done a quick search and the popular ones seem to be Bio-Oil, Kelo-Cote and Dermatix. Anyone used any of these and had any good results in reducing appearance of their scars?

I remember a while ago reading TheTodd had been using a cream but can't find the thread at the mo. If you're reading this mate maybe you could shed some light?

Also i assume that Bio-Oil can also be used for massaging internal scar tissue, but I assume something cheap like baby oil would do the same job?

Thanks guys.

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
You will get a goodie bag from Karidis and there should be oil in there. The outside scars are pretty much non existent (in my case) they are totally insignificant . The internal scar tissue is the one, and like you, i didn't know how much bio oil worked on internal scar tissue, i did use some, but i pretty much used the stuff kardis gave me for 95% of the time i massaged

Offline linkin

• Posting Member
Cheers mate.

Most people say that the skin scars are insignificant, but these are one of the things I'm a bit concerned about. The armpit ones I'm fine with as I know they are tiny and out of the way but I don't want the nipple ones to be noticable as people will know I've had something done. I'm glad you think that yours are not a problem (others have also said this so I suppose I should stop worrying!)  :)

As for the internal scarring- I know this is going to be an up and down and long-term process, but I'm prepared for it as all of you guys who have been through it have been good at describing the process.

I didn't realise that you got some massage oil in the pack from Karidis- that's good to know.

Offline Swarley

• Bronze Member
I'm not sure Karidis does those goodie bags anymore. I definitely didn't get one.

I've been using bio oil to massage, and palmers scar serum on my incisions.
Surgery with Alex Karidis 8/11/11. Currently recovering.

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Linkin,

I'm bricking it about the scars....I asked the question a few years ago and most guys were saying they are not an issue.  I'm going to do some research and might given Karidis's office a call for suggestions.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024