Author Topic: Consultation booked with Levick :-)  (Read 7890 times)

Offline wickedwelsh2013

• Posting Member
Hi Guys

I'll start by saying a massive thank you to all those people who have been kind enough to share their experiences and knowledge on this forum.  If it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't  have ever heard of Levick and the magic he appears to perform on an almost daily basis

My story is very similar to most on here. Suffered with gyno since about the age of 12 and now at 32 I've had enough of it and the way it affects every thing I do.

I had never told anybody about it before but decided it was best to tell my girlfriend as I fully intend to have the op as soon after my consultation as possible.  Telling her was the hardest thing ever.  I hate it so much and am embarrassed about it but I have to say now I have told her it feels like a massive weight off my mind.  She says she has never noticed it but when I told her some of the things I do to hide it (constant rubbing of nipples, always hug pillow when sat on sofa etc etc)  she said she had noticed me doing them but never knew why.

I've got my consultation on 9th Sep and hope to get the op as soon after 21st sep as possible.  Got tough mudder on 21st so have to wait until then(next year Ill do it with my top off ) :-)

I have a few questions for you guys who have already had the op

1) If I get the op on Wednesday would I be ok to return to desk job on Monday?

2)How long do you reckon it will be before I can start jogging again?

3)What is the best compression vest to get

Thanks so much guys

wickedwelsh

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Hi mate, congrats on getting the ball rolling with Levick, he's a great guy and you're in good hands!

You should be ok to go back to work on the Monday, but if i were you i'd try and get a bit more time off, even if you go back mid week. I was just about ready for my desk job after about a week.

I started jogging about 3-4 weeks post op, it was a bit tender though.

I think i got my compression top from macom-medical.com - i believe the code mybreast when checking out gives you a discount.

all the best mate ! :)

Offline g3579

• Bronze Member
Nice one - you won't regret it :)

To answer your questions:

1) I had the op on a Thursday and went back to work on the Monday.  It was fine - you just have to be careful to not get knocked whilst commuting etc.

2) I waited about 4 weeks to exercise.  Sounds like you are quite active like me, and I was itching to get back to training after so long!

3) I just had the ones which my surgeon Dr. Karidis gave me.

Looking forward to reading your updates

Offline wickedwelsh2013

• Posting Member
Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies, definitely makes it allot easier when you can read about and see others experiences with the surgery

So excited about getting it done now, October can't come quick enough!!

At the minute I'm doing as much running, crossfit, weights as I can to prepare for ToughMudder and also because I figured if I can reduce my bodyfat as low as possible Dr Levick wont have to do as much lipo which is what causes the most bruising and swelling.  Am I right in thinking this or did I just dream it?

g3579 has been so incredibly generous and is sending me 2 compression vests so I dont have to worry about getting those before surgery and can try them om to see what 4 weeks of wearing them might be like!!

I haven't put pre photos up yet and the reason is ridiculous,I'm sooo embarrassed about it and have spent so long hiding it that adding photos is proving to be a massive step.  My girlfriend has asked me to show her as she has never noticed but I told her I don't want to show her until I'm on the 'other side'  Once I have a natural, masculine chest I wont mind putting up my preop photos

Thanks again for taking the time to read my story and answering my questions :-)

Cheers

Wickedwelsh

Offline ScaredGuy

• Posting Member
Hi butt, fellow Welsh boy here. Had my surgery with Levick yesterday. I'm really sore at the moment but I'm so happy with what I can see from myself in the mirror. I had absolutely massive gyno, biggest I've seen on the UK section I think so my chest looks really thick (used to wear compression tops underneath my t-shirt so people wouldn't notice my breasts).

I look at myself from the side now and I look like a completely different person, I look more athletic. I just can't wait to get back to the gym and training etc, I may have a fair bit of loose skin because of the amount removed, but Levick recommended I can build my chest up and it may help with that. Can't wait. Good luck mate, and please,  post some pre-op pics, I have, sorry, I HAD enormous jugs, nearly as big as my gf's but I still posted them on here. No face so no problem. Good luck.

Offline wickedwelsh2013

• Posting Member
Hi buddy

Congratulations on having the surgery, how has recovery been so far?

I have my surgery booked for 6th November, so excited about getting it done, it cant come quick enough :-)

What did you take to the hospital with you? Do you need gown and slippers or do they give them to you when you get there?

My surgery is on the Wednesday and I'm not due to return to my desk job until the Tuesday after, do you reckon that will be long enough?

I'll definitely stick some pre-op photos on here, I figured that seeing others influenced my decision in having surgery so if I can do the same that will be brilliant

Hope your recovering well :-)

Cheers

wickedwelsh

Offline ScaredGuy

• Posting Member
Hi mate sorry I forgot to reply here.

"What did you take to the hospital with you? Do you need gown and slippers or do they give them to you when you get there?"

I took a suitcase but you don't need much stuff. Slippers to walk down to the the operating room and maybe a gown if you care about people seeing you in the operating gown. I had a gown but I wouldn't say you need one, just people walking around the ward can see your exposed back (and you have paper-ish underwear on).

About returning to the job, yeah I think that will be just enough time, or that's how it felt for me anyway and I seem to be recovering maybe a little slower than others.I had my op on a Thursday and I was able to drive by the following Wednesday so I definitely could have gone to work. That being said today is my last day off work and last night I would say is the first day where I really feel like I've got my mobility back.

Offline JC901

• Posting Member
I haven't put pre photos up yet and the reason is ridiculous,I'm sooo embarrassed about it and have spent so long hiding it that adding photos is proving to be a massive step.  My girlfriend has asked me to show her as she has never noticed but I told her I don't want to show her until I'm on the 'other side'  Once I have a natural, masculine chest I wont mind putting up my preop photos

Feel the same mate, even right up until now and my op is tomorrow... but there's still something embarrassing about it! Will be putting pre-op pictures up a bit later when I get on my laptop though just for the sake of it.

Also congrats on going forth with the consultation & booking the surgery, it's a massive step to take regardless of age. I also think you're right in saying that it's easy to perform the op on leaner guys, but I'm not sure how much it affects the swelling/bruising of the area, I imagine that's more down to genetics and the individual. Definitely helps being in the best shape possible though!

I'm just taking my phone for some music and some slippers & a gown based on other people's advice. Also gonna' try and sneak a protein shake in there and see if I can get one of the lovely people to fill it with milk as I'm a pretty fussy eater haha.

Offline wickedwelsh2013

• Posting Member
All done :-)
I'll write a full post tomorrow but all I'll say now is that Dr Levick and everybody at the priory are incredible and the worse part of whole op is feeling so tired afterwards.  Starting to wear off now though. After more years than I care to remember im finally gyne free :-)

Will post again tomorrow with more details and hopefully pics

Offline wickedwelsh2013

• Posting Member
So here is a decription of what happened on my day off survey with Dr Levick

GETTING THERE
I set off from Bristol at 8.30 on national express coaches.  It was possibly the hottest place I've even been!! Everyone on the coach was moaning but nothing was done.  I was due to arrive at hospital at 10.30 but the coach was delayed and didn't get to Birmingham until 10.40. I got a taxi to the hospital which cost me 6.50 and only took a few minutes

ARRIVAL
Was greeted my friendly receptionist and ttold to wait for porter who would show me to my room. Only had to wait 5 mins and was then taken to private room and shown how to operate the tv, electric bed and assistance remote. Room was really clean. Sky tv, own bathroom, wardrobe.  If you have films on usb stick the tv was decent Samsung with usb port so should work.

PREOP TESTS
A nurse came on and got me to answer some medical questions and also told me id need a blood test as id never had surgery before.  Dr Levick came and said hello in his usual friendly comforting manner before I went off for blood test. Im not a huge fan of needles but I can honestly say I didnt feel a thing.  I then went back to room and changed into very sexy paper pants and gown!!!

Anothee nurse came in asking me for my choice of food for dinner and and breakfast.  I choose breaded king prawns with lemon mayo dip, chicken dijon with potatoes and roasted veg and strawberry gateux for pud.

Aneatatist then popped in to introduce himself and after putting on some compression socks and my slippers I was lead to theatre with nurse. Dr Levick took some pre photos of thr dreaded moobs and marked me up. He has a wonderful way of putting you at ease :-)

SURGERY TIME
The Aneatatist put a canula in my wrist and then said id start to feel drunk. I felt something in my my heart, not unpleasant, just felt bit drunk. Then he injected the sleeping juice and after a few seconds I was away with the pixies. Thr next thing I remember is waking up in recovery room talking to nurse but feeling very tired and dreary

POST OP
After about 15 mins I was wheeled back into my private room. Had some some water as my throat felt pretty sore and my voice sounded like barry white!! It was a weird feeling, I wanted to stay awake but kept drifting in and out of sleep. Drank lots of water as nurse said this would flush anesthetic out of my system. After a few hours I could stay awake. I had no difficulty going for a pee like some people have mentioned on here

I was wearing the new velcro binding vest which I have to say is is very comfortable and had no drains as Dr Levick is continuing to use the new superglue spray as he called it in the chest cavity. I had small bandage on each armpit covering wounds and it was these that caused me only discomfort I experienced.  They are held on with tape and the left hand side one was tugging on my armpit skin and really hurting. I told nurse and she adjusted it and later removed the left one as wound was not bleeding.

I forgot to mention, you need to shave your chest and armpits otherwise they get you to do it before op. Luckily I did mine  the night before because it took bloody ages!! Id hate to be a woman!!

I had my dinner around 6.30. Very very tasty :-). Carried on drinking loads of icr water which nurses bring to you and fee cups of coffee.  Dr Levick popped in anf said op went perfectly and told me they had removed a load of 'gunk' Has told me he will show me photos tomorrow. Shook my hand, said welcome to the world of the flat chested and then went on his way. Such a lovely genuine bloke, cant recommended him highly enough

NIGHT TIME
In no pain at all. Dumped my paper pants and put on lounge pants instead. Can move arms slowly in no pain so got my clothes ready for morning. Taking 2 30cc arnica ecey couple of hours and a 1000mg vitamin c with zinc to speed up healing.

Nurses came in to take blood pressure few timed and to give me painkillers and antibiotics.  Really didnt need pain killers as in zero discomfort but took tthem anyway.  Wasnt feeling tired at all due to sleeping after op so stayed awake until 2.30 reading and watching TV

MORNING

Woken up by nurse at about 6.30.Took blood pressure again and bought me more water, coffee and biscuits.  Cant wait for full english breakfast I ordered :-)

I will post pics on here as soon as I get chance

Sorry if I havr bored you to death I just wanted to give you as much detail about what happens during day as I could.

No part of it hurt, nothing worried me and I cant speak highly enough about Dr Levick and all the other staff. If you are thinking of havinh it done stop thinking and book it now. Here is to the beginning of my new gyne free life. It feels like a huge weight off my mind, cant describe how good it feels

Wickedwelsh - over and out

Offline wickedwelsh2013

• Posting Member
It was lovely, bit of an expensive day out though ;-)

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Yeh, I'm still saving hard for my day out!

Offline Vesuvius

• Posting Member
Glad to hear it all went well wickedwelsh! You must be feeling so relieved!

I'm 2 weeks post op today and also had surgery with Levick. I will put an update with pics on here tonight or tomorrow.

Hope the tiredness has worn off and that you're not in pain...

Offline wickedwelsh2013

• Posting Member
Hi Vesuvius

Tiredness wore off by about 6.30pm on the day of surgery.  Was in bit of pain but this was the tape used to hold on bandages over incisions.  Nurses took these off as they were no longer bleeding and much more  comfortable now

I have had a sneek peek under binder when readjusting it and I am completely flat :-)  One thing I did notice though is that where the binder garment is placed the join in the fabric sits right on my nipple line and they are both indented.  I'm guessing this will go when garment is removed?

Still ultra paranoid about it looking perfect and recovery going well but I guess that is natural

If I had my op on wednesday will I be able to remove binder garment on tuesday, have a shower and then  transfer to my macom compression vest?

Hope you're recovering well

Cheers

Wickedwelsh

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024