Author Topic: One side  (Read 2692 times)

Offline Big ste

• Bronze Member
I only have gyno in the left breast will I get a discount or reduced price iam thinking of going to levick or Kardis  is there any one else in the uk recommended thanks

Offline FlatAsAPancake

• Bronze Member
You won't get a discount with Levick as far as I'm aware, you still have to pay for a room, anethetist, surgeon etc

Offline Big ste

• Bronze Member
Thanks thought it might be cheaper being on the 1 side here's the problem

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
If you're not too far from the midlands, book a free visit with Mr Levick. My first instinct (whilst trying not to break my neck) is that you may have some tissue (puffy nipples?) on the other side too, but obviously a lot less. So it might be that surgery on both sides wont be such a bad outcome. But only an assessment with a surgeon will give you real answers.

Offline Big ste

• Bronze Member
Cheers I think the other side is ok just a bit fleshy were i have put a bit of weight on no gyne in there I suppose I should get in shape before surgery really lol

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
As all the surgeons will say, gynecomastia is ANY excessive tissue on the chest, be it gland or fat. Thats why you'll sometimes see very obese men with huge bellies but no gyne, they simply dont put it on in that area. Similarly you can get thin guys with gyne because they have gland/fat in that area.

I actually went into my surgery overweight, almost intentionally. It might have been a flawed logic but in my mind I thought this is the fattest I'm ever going to be, i.e. the most fat my chest area is going to have so let Mr Levick take out all the gland AND fat whilst I'm in this shape. That way if I ever put weight on again (which I dont intend to, but life is unpredictable) then hopefully fat wont return to the chest area at least.

Had I had surgery when I was very cut up, it might have been that when I was in 'bulking' phase, fat may have deposited in my chest. Anyway that's just my own theory.

Bottom line - gynecomastia is both gland and fat.

Offline Big ste

• Bronze Member
Hmmm I see your point think iam going to go in as lean as possible the less removed he quicker the recovery (I hope ) am looking at getting done mid January so ill book at consultation about December time

Offline qazwsxedcrfvtgb

• Posting Member
As all the surgeons will say, gynecomastia is ANY excessive tissue on the chest, be it gland or fat. Thats why you'll sometimes see very obese men with huge bellies but no gyne, they simply dont put it on in that area. Similarly you can get thin guys with gyne because they have gland/fat in that area.

I actually went into my surgery overweight, almost intentionally. It might have been a flawed logic but in my mind I thought this is the fattest I'm ever going to be, i.e. the most fat my chest area is going to have so let Mr Levick take out all the gland AND fat whilst I'm in this shape. That way if I ever put weight on again (which I dont intend to, but life is unpredictable) then hopefully fat wont return to the chest area at least.

Had I had surgery when I was very cut up, it might have been that when I was in 'bulking' phase, fat may have deposited in my chest. Anyway that's just my own theory.

Bottom line - gynecomastia is both gland and fat.
this is not right, I had surgery at extremely low bf with barely any fat in chest area. After dirty bulking for almost a year I didn't put on any fat in my chest area. I'm pretty sure it's better to be lower weight going into surgery as the skin is more elastic

Offline Big ste

• Bronze Member
Who did you have surgery with mate ?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I realize this must sound odd, but I have reason to believe that surgery would be more difficult when only one side is enlarged.

The problem is to try to make the two sides match each other as much as possible. Fortunately, precise symmetry is not needed or even natural so a little variability is OK.
Grandpa Dan

Offline qazwsxedcrfvtgb

• Posting Member
Who did you have surgery with mate ?
levick

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024