Author Topic: Minimizer Bras  (Read 5467 times)

aboywithgirls

I recently went for another bra fitting after realizing that I was down to having just a couple bras left that actually fit me.
After trying on several different molded cup, underwire bras, basically the same style that I've been wearing for 20+ years. There was a reason that my bras weren't fitting anymore and it wasn't the band. I had gone up a cup size. It was unnerving seeing the projection I was getting from a 36H. The fitter asked me if I had ever tried a minimizer bra. She brought in a couple of minimizer bras to try on. I wasn't crazy about the soft cups as opposed to the moulded cups I had been so used to. However I was very surprised how comfortable they were and that they weren't just a fancy sports bra. They actually reduced my profile and they were comfortable enough to wear for 16 + hours. 
Has anyone else tried a minimizer and had good results? 

hammer

That's all I've ever worn was soft cups, and many have been minimizer bras!

aboywithgirls

Hammer, 
Just curious, I have seen some of your pics that you've posted, have you ever tried an underwire? If so, how did it work for you? I've tried wireless, and I didn't like how they felt or the lack of support and shape from them.

hammer

Hammer,
Just curious, I have seen some of your pics that you've posted, have you ever tried an underwire? If so, how did it work for you? I've tried wireless, and I didn't like how they felt or the lack of support and shape from them.

No I have not tried them, I tried them on at a fitting but didn't like what they had or how it fit.

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
I wear an underwire bra and am a 46C/D. I wonder if the underwire bras work best with "smaller" breasted guys like me. You large fellows might be better off in a non-wired bra. This is just an observation and not a definitive comment. Any thoughts?

aboywithgirls

I wear an underwire bra and am a 46C/D. I wonder if the underwire bras work best with "smaller" breasted guys like me. You large fellows might be better off in a non-wired bra. This is just an observation and not a definitive comment. Any thoughts?
That may be true for some, but not for me. The wire provides better shaping and support. This is because the wire will hold and shape the breasts, while the band holds the wire providing tacking at the gore and the lateral edge of the Breasts. I've tried a couple of non wire bras over the years and have found that they just don't work as well as an underwire does for me.

The bottom line is that whether you wear an underwire, soft cup, molded cup, sports bra or no bra at all is to try all that you can and discover what works for yourself. You will probably discover that most of the options will work better than others for you at different times. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 03:20:28 PM by aboywithgirls »

hammer

I've got to say that I'm a man, yes I have big breast and I'm going to accept that and live with it. I'm going to wear a bra to support them and relieve the stress of my back and shoulders, I also want the bra to fit and be comfortable!
The last things that I want is the bra to help shape the breast better and have them stick out and say "hello, I'm Bob's boobs, how are you?" I don't go through a lot of trouble to hid them, as I've said I only wear a higher quality tee shirt one size to big, but I'll be damn if I'll go through the process of showing them off, after all, I'm still a guy!

As Brad Paisley sings in his song!

"My eye browse aint plucked, there's a gun in my truck oh thank God I'm Still A Guy!"

aboywithgirls

I see your point.  However, you may have missed mine. 
Yes, you can wear a bra that brings the breasts front and center, just below the chin. Or, look for a bra that reduces your profile by re-shaping the Breast tissue making it appear broader and not as projected.
That's what I meant. I'm still a guy too!

hammer

I see your point.  However, you may have missed mine.
Yes, you can wear a bra that brings the breasts front and center, just below the chin. Or, look for a bra that reduces your profile by re-shaping the Breast tissue making it appear broader and not as projected.
That's what I meant. I'm still a guy too!

It pleases me to hear that!

aboywithgirls

Anything for a bra is better than looking like a couple of puppies chasing each other under your shirt!

hammer

Anything for a bra is better than looking like a couple of puppies chasing each other under your shirt!

Great description! 

Offline nepa151

• Posting Member
I like the Wacoal Elegance Minimizing bra. It's an all-around, great bra to wear everyday and the material doesn't stretch out, so it to minimizes and offers support for a long time. I've purchased other bras that quickly lose their shape, and the functionality.

aboywithgirls

I know exactly what you mean. You can't pay 5 dollars for a a bra at Walmart and expect it to last or even worse, have a bra failure after you get to work and end up with a broken strap, hook or loop, or have an underwire snap. 

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I have mostly minimizers or full coverage.  My goal is to minimize much as possible.  
Soma makes good ones.  My favorite is the Stunning Support.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024