Author Topic: how long do you wear the vest/tensor?  (Read 3469 times)

Offline rancho

• Posting Member
I'm at 3 weeks post.
Just curious what others did.
i want to take it off.

Offline Second_Timer

• Posting Member
From the sounds of it Fielding is ok with you taking it off after 3 weeks, but I am now 4 1/2 weeks post and still feel a little sore so I'm wearing the vest a little longer; probably until next week...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yeah, three weeks should be long enough....   ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
yeah, i've been wearing the vest for a little under 3 weeks.. have been thinking of wearing it a little longer as i am still a bit sore.

Offline rancho

• Posting Member
took mine off at 3.5 weeks.... went without it for a day or two. it's fine but it's better with it on...
went back to it today (4 weeks tomorrow).
i'm 50% happy with the results. Yes better but still have Gyne, looks like I lost a bit of weight....excited to see it in a few months...

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
hey guys. i had been healing fine.. initially my right side looked much better than the left. the left was swollen, so the nipple looked a bit 'puffed' and all. but now the swelling on the left has gone down - however, the right side, the 'lower chest' portion had a little swelling  (a little over a week ago). so now my left hand side has very little swelling, and now the right side looks slightly 'puffed'.

is this 'back and forth' action between healing & swelling something that i should worry about? i mean, sure it looks wayy better than what it was before.. but, the right side is still a little 'puffed'.. i'm 3 weeks (to the date) post op right now. am i getting worried too quickly?

Offline There_Is_Hope

• Bronze Member
I took mine off after a week. I don't recommend it, but I did it and I've had no complications as result of..

Offline buddy

• Posting Member
I am 3 1/2 weeks and the doc said I could take the tensor off today. I still get sore without it, so I may go back if I notice any additional pain. The no sports thing is killing me. I have put on 5 pounds since the surgury.

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
I am 3 1/2 weeks and the doc said I could take the tensor off today. I still get sore without it, so I may go back if I notice any additional pain. The no sports thing is killing me. I have put on 5 pounds since the surgury.

Do you have photos Buddy?

I just wanna see how that doctor does it, and if he has scars or anything and waht to expect.

put them on http://putfile.com then link back with UBB code
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 01:40:35 PM by brownman »

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
I'm just over 1 week post-op and can't wait to take the tensor off; it keeps on moving down and it's annoying.  I don't have much pain though, just a bit of that bruised feeling when I press on it, and there's still a bit of numbness, though not complete numbness as I have feeling everywhere.

By the way, is it okay to take the tensor off for a couple of hours every day, or just when showering?  I've been leaving it off for a couple of hours after my shower, and then putting it back on until the next morning when I take it off for maybe 30 mins, for a break.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024