Author Topic: More from me.  (Read 2743 times)

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Hey everyone, here’s an update for those interested. Having seen Dr. Brown in Richmond, as well as another in Richmond whom I forget, I went to see Dr. Morris in North Van today. Nice day btw. He seemed nice, and confident that I would come out of it alright, saying that it was a medium case, but that because of my age and physique I would recover well. He quoted me 2000, saying that he adjusts his prices on a per case basis, and that was down for me. That is somewhat disappointing seeing as Fielding is 1070, and so far away. I asked him all the questions and such, he told me he does about 10 of these a year. That made me wonder does anyone know how ayn Fielding does a year? I assume it’s many. He told me all the same stuff I have read, tensor badnaages, removal of tissue, lipo to even out, etc etc. I asked to see pictures, and he only had one gyne picture, BUT, the guy looked a lot better afterwards. This was a problem I had with the last guy I saw, a couple of his pictures, the guys looked bad, not a good sign I figured. Anyway, that is my story for the day. If anyone has had any experience with this surgeon, or  can tell me how many a year Fielding does, it would be appreciated.

Basically I am at a point of decision now. This guy is 2000, and I felt pretty comfortable that he was confident in what he was doing, but at the same time he charges two grand, and that isn’t that far from what I would figure to be about 3000 to fly to Fielding twice and pay him. Money is an issue though, so I think I need to think about it. Just want to say thanks as well to the site and everyone, the information has been incredibly useful, I wouldn’t be so knowledgable going into this without it, or all the posters. Thanks.

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Iam kind of bumping this to see if anyone does know how many sureries Dr. F does a year, but also because I remembered another thing I was curious about that I haven't read too much on.

Loose Skin, problem? I asked Dr. Morris when I saw him and he said that your body adapts pretty well, and not to worry about it, but can anyone give me an idea of how their skin went after their surgery? It seems like I have so much more skin up there because of the situation, and once it is gone, that that skin would be really loose and look not so great.

Anyway, sorry for the shameless self bump and thank you!

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Someone told me Fielding is approx. in the 100-150 a year range.

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
never... you probably mean 1000 - 1500, mine was 1250
Free Documentary "Me vs. My Breast"
http://individual.utoronto.ca/charlesh/documentary

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
never... you probably mean 1000 - 1500, mine was 1250

Charles....

MRD means that JCF does 100 to 150 Gyne procedures a year. Not about how much the surgery costs....   ;)

John.

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Someone told me Fielding is approx. in the 100-150 a year range.

Yeah, that's what I have heard also....  100 to 150....

John.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member

Yeah, that's what I have heard also....  100 to 150....

John.

:o.....There is confirmation!!  ;)

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Hey guys, thanks for replying, seems like it is gonna be hard to not want to make htat flight, with him doing over ten times more surgeries than the people here in Vancouver. As well the one guy I have been confident in here, charges 2 grand, and fromw hat I can tell, flying to Fielding twice plus surgery, if I am super thrifty could be 2500. Would hate to save 500 bucks only to be unhappy.

I still have the question about loose skin, it is my main concern now, just seems like it would be an issue, any thoughts? Like wouldn't my nipples be in the wrong place once all this tissue is removed...or something? ANy input ?

Also, theoretically, if i fly for the consult, and try and make it back all in one day to avoid hotel costs, and then the surgery day, fly in, stay at the hospital overnight, can I then fly home the next day again avoiding hotel costs? This place hoenstly has been great, and I am feeling optimisitc about this, and closer than ever to doing something about it. Resources like this are great. Hope someone can throw in their two cents. Thanks!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Hey guys, thanks for replying, seems like it is gonna be hard to not want to make htat flight, with him doing over ten times more surgeries than the people here in Vancouver. As well the one guy I have been confident in here, charges 2 grand, and fromw hat I can tell, flying to Fielding twice plus surgery, if I am super thrifty could be 2500. Would hate to save 500 bucks only to be unhappy.

Keep in mind that even tho JCF performs many gyne procedures each year, your surgery results may not meet your expectations.... Hope for the 'best' and prepare for the 'worst'. Gynecomastic Reduction Surgery is a 'Fix' not a 'Cure'....

I still have the question about loose skin, it is my main concern now, just seems like it would be an issue, any thoughts? Like wouldn't my nipples be in the wrong place once all this tissue is removed...or something? ANy input ?

Do you have any pics posted?

Also, theoretically, if i fly for the consult, and try and make it back all in one day to avoid hotel costs, and then the surgery day, fly in, stay at the hospital overnight, can I then fly home the next day again avoiding hotel costs?

Yeah, that sounds feasible....  ;)

Another member (Zardoz) flew in from BC, had his consult with Dr. Fielding and then flew back the same day....

I live very close to JCF's office and St. Josephs Health Center. If you need directions or whatnot, just let me know.

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024