Author Topic: One week post op  (Read 5002 times)

Offline fajast

• Posting Member
  • Had surgery on 7th Sept 06.....
Hey everyone,
just had my operation on 7th September in Poland. Guys, I know that it will take time to see the real results and the doc told me that the healing should take 2 months, considering all this are these results satisfactory being just one week post op ? I am satisfied with the nipples but the size is somewhat scary ? can it be the swelling ?

Here is my gallery

http://fajast.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php

Offline Gyne22

Hi

What type of operation did you have ?

Did you have just lipo or lipo and excission (gland removal)

Offline fajast

• Posting Member
I had both, subtotal gland removal and liposuction on both sides. According to the surgeon they removed 450 and 470 ml of fat from the LHS and RHS and glands of the size of a kiwi fruit.

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
hi fajast ,

congratulations on getting the surgery done ,you have a very similar shape to mine before i had my op with mr levick in feb 05 (still ongoing , 2nd revision next month ! thats another story.)

as for your results so far ,i must say on first impression your chest still looks quite big to me and perhaps could do with more lipo .but like you said it will still be swollen and could well reduce a bit more in a week or 2.

do you have any comeback with the polish hospital if your not happy with your results?

sorry i couldnt be more positive , good liuck .

Offline fajast

• Posting Member
Thanks UK bloke for your reply, Yes there is an opportunity to have a revision done incase something goes wrong or unexpected, BUT the issue is that one must wait for 3 months atleast to get the revision done and I must have completed my studies by Nov and then I will go back to Pakistan and it will be impossible for me to have a revision..... Just expecting that things will go fine and I will not need a revision :)

Offline lucid

• Posting Member
Honestly speaking, you need to loose some weight. As far as results are concerned, there is difference in the pre and post op pics but its not substantial and I think you will need a revision. I'd recommend talking to the surgeon and tell him that you have to travel in November. You might have to adjust your diet accordingly to be ready for a revision. Otherwise, try to extend your stay on medical grounds. Best of luck.

Regards

ps: how much did it cost in total to have it done from Poland? Is there a substantial difference from UK?

Offline fajast

• Posting Member
Hi

LUCID >
Yes I need to and I will start workouts again soon, I will try to extend my stay here. And concerning the charges, they were low (I think UK must be expensive as I live in Germany) I paid 1605 in all, including surgery, medicines, 2 days stay with meals, plenty of tea  ;D and a compression vest. I paid 15 Euros per trip to the taxi driver instead of 60, as I had to travel only to and from Frankfurt Oder, I took train to get home from there and I also had to pay 43 Euros for the visa, so all in all I paid around 1800 Euros for this.  :)

ASMOP >
Yes mate, it was the same room, with two cats on top of the wardrobe there were also three dark black cats in the front lawn  :o ..... And I think they did it through the cut under the nipples, I will ask them to be sure... and I am also surprised at the amount of bruising.. because the surgeon told me before the op that they will use drains and after the surgery they said that the drains were not needed as it was totally dry inside  8).. My suurgery report says that following procedures were performed;

1: Subtotal gland removal
2: Liposuction 450 ml

I wish they don't lie  ;D I am seeing imporvement every day and I am positive, will keep you guys updated.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 02:15:14 AM by fajast »

Offline kayvee

• Posting Member
  • Surgery 27/07/2006 with Dr. Levick
You might want to ask someone what is meant by 'subtotal' gland removal.

I'm no expert, maybe someone could shed some light on this, but to me 'sub-total' insinuates that they removed less than the total of the gland that was there, i.e., left some inside.

I'm loathe to comment on other peoples' results, as it's a subjective experience, but from your pix I'd be worried. Where there is swelling, there is bruising, and you have very little bruising for 1 week post-op. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the overhang/breast didn't actually reduce much at all.

If I were in your position, I'd be looking for a revision. No matter how much weight you lose, if they've not removed all of the gland/stubborn chest fat, you're not going to get rid of the breasts.

Offline fajast

• Posting Member
Kayvee > you are right, subtotal should mean less than half, I also said this to the surgeon in a discussion before hte operation,but he told me that they will leave a small portion (less than 95%) of the glands which will be directly beneath the nipple, otherwise there is a possibility of having inverted or permanently numb nipples. This procedure was named as Subtotal gland removal by them.... Strange but true  ;D..

I would really contact them immediately but I am now experiencing noticable improvement, the softer portion over the chest has hard scar tissues, and the size is shrinking too, Even then I have sent the surgeon an email and am hoping for a nice reply. ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 06:21:51 AM by fajast »

Offline lucid

• Posting Member
Hmmm, thats a substantial difference in price as it costs around £3800 in UK with Levick.

Looking at your pics, it seems a lot of gland has been left under and around the nipple area. If this is swelling, I am amazed to see no bruising, as kayvee mentioned. To be honest, your current status is like I had before surgery. I am around 10 days post-op and my chest is quite flat and nipples are not puffy any more as well. I do not have any pics right now but I'll see if I can mange that.

Any way, best of luck. All it requires is patience and persistence. Its worth the effort :) So keep it up.

Regards

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024