Author Topic: BAD SURGERIES?  BAD RESULTS  (Read 2446 times)

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
I have a surgery appointment with a doctor in Vancouver and I don't know anything about his work, but I was referred to him by my GP.  

Do the results vary from one surgeon to another and is it possible to end up with a bad result?  My GP tells me that he's confident that this guy will do as good of a job as anyone else, and the good thing is that it will be fully covered by my medical plan, but I still have my reservations.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated.  
Surgery Date: Jan 9, 2007
Dr. H. Ukani, Vancouver, BC
Pre/post pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gynecomastia/

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
Hey man, I'm in BC too, just wondering who your surgeon is. I had consults with 3, and all of them did under 20 a year. That was the main detractor for me, so instead I am opting to save my money and be patient, and go to Toronto to Fielding, who everyone here highly reccomends, and does between 150 and 200 a year. Just curious who you were referred to.

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
Hey

I consulted with Dr. Fitzpatrick today.  He's one of the big names in Vancouver (Fairview Plastic Surgery).  He seemed really good and apparently he does a lot of these every year.  

ALSO, he only makes one incision per side (not two like everyone else).  He only makes an incision around the lower part of the ariola and does both the lipo and the tissue removal from the same opening (less scarring).  And he said the lipo is ultrasound assisted (works better).

He's also part of the UBC med school faculty and he's got a great reputation.

ON THE OTHER HAND, surgery with him will cost me around $4,500 (on top of what he would bill to MSP).  I'd have to think it through very carefully.

Who did you consult with?  I'd like to know about how yours went.  Thanks

Offline Dadadaboom

• Posting Member
Hi there, I think results can vary quite a bit from one surgeon to another. I first saw a surgeon about the matter 8 years ago who was recommended by my GP. That surgeon said that my gyn deposits were less than an inch in diameter and that I'd look worse if they were removed. In retrospect, I don't think he really knew what he was talking about.

8 years later, I learned about Dr. Fielding in Toronto. He was of the view that I had gyn deposits that were a lot larger than what the first surgeon indicated and that removal was feasible. Dr. Fielding's rates were quite low - only $2000 (in addition to government contribution).

To make a long story short, I recently had the surgery with Dr. Fielding. I can't comment on the result yet (still wearing the foam and vest).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024