Author Topic: Done  (Read 3116 times)

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
I had surgery this week with Dr Fielding.

I had to wait 2:30 to go for surgery, I didn't mind the wait since it helped me relax. The wake up went well and I stayed overnight (you must put a 20 $ on the TV because without it it's so boring if you're alone). The staff was great and I took pain killers twice for some little pain due to lippo. I spent the other night at the Four Points Sheraton, that was nice and I had a much better sleeping night at the hotel.

Dr is providing us with a vest, I still don't know if I'll keep it or will try something else.

I'll keep you posted on my results, if you have any question feel free to ask.

Cheers

Offline happyclam

• Posting Member
Congratulations G-Man99, I'm exactly four weeks post-op and I feel great. Fielding was my guy also. I saw him five days after the surgery and I'm seeing him again at the end of January. I didn't care much for the vest (the one with the zipper in the front). I wore it once or twice. I find that it makes you feel bulky, although it does the trick. I've been wearing compression Ts that I bought at Sporting Life (Under Armour and Nike for about $35/each). I find these way more comfortable. The thing about the vest is that it keeps the tensor bandage in place - you'll find that the bandage slips and it feels like you're always adjusting it like it were a bra - not good! The compression T helps keep the bandage in place. I also found a self-adhering bandage ($9) at some drugstores (I couldn't find them at Shoppers though). They do the trick and don't slip - but you have to replace them more often as they tend to bunch up after a while (two or three days). Have you felt hard lumps yet? That's scaring. Massage alot to break that down. Good luck!

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Thanks, I'm keeping the vest until wednesday as recommended by Dr Fielding and then I 'll see what I'll do. I have an Under Armour but I'm not sure it will be the best for me at work, this thing is pretty warm....

I'll look for compression t-shirts this week and see what I can do. Until then I'm looking forward to removing the foams.

So far I don't feel anything abnormal but we'll see on wednesday when I,ll remove the pads. I feel some pain near the lippo hole on my right side and of course I feel the chest is sore but it's getting better everyday and I only took pain killers the day of surgery.

How are you results? Are you swelling a lot?

Cheers.

Offline happyclam

• Posting Member
Very little swelling now G-man99 as far as I can tell anyway. The chest is still sore though. I try to massage as much as I can to soften the scar tissue - that's what hurts the most. I don't wear the tensor bandage anymore, just compression Ts and that works well for me - not too hot either. I'm sure it'd be different if it were 35 degrees C. outside. I took three weeks off from the gym - just like Fielding had recommended. I've been back now for the past week and a bit and it feels good. So little bouncing, it's incredible. I've been mostly doing cardio (about 45 min/day) but on Saturday I did a small free weights routine (light weights). I think I'm ready to go back to my regular routine. Are you iching? I couldn't stand it anymore - but it stopped right a day or so after the foam pads came off. Have you gone back to work yet? How do you plan to manage that? My staff noticed that I looked 'lighter' and some were looking at the chest area but did not say anything. Today though it's great to take my suit jacket off and strut around the office!

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
I'm going back to work tomorrow and a bit nervous about it. I'll have to hide this to my co-workers. I plan to stay at my desk a lot and maybe put a jacket on for lunch (pretending it's cold in the office).

I,m itching a little bit but have no problems with the pads, it's OK with me.

The worst part was coming back with a 10 hours train ride. Between Toronto and MTL the train was sold out and a 350 lbs guy was sitting next to me......it was really uncomfortable but I survived.

I plan coming back to sports (basketball, soccer and jogging) after 3 weeks as the Dr said. I'm a bit worried receiving a shot on the chest but I,ll see if I take more times before coming back.

How are the lipo and excision scars so far? Do you know if there's some cream to help the healing of the scars? I'm confident about the lipo scars but a bit worried about the excision scars.

Thanks, talk to you later!

Offline happyclam

• Posting Member
Hey G-man99, welcome back to la belle province (from there originally myself). I can't even see lipo or excision scars. I've been using Vitamin E oil on the nipples and that seems to do the trick. I also massage to soften the scar tissue (something you'll definitely notice when you get the foam pads off) with Arnica gel. People on this board have been suggesting massaging three times a day for five minutes - I try to do it at least once as I go to bed. You can buy a tube of the gel stuff in health food stores.

Be careful with contact sports. You'll be sore for a while. I notice it especially when I hug my wife - some pains are worth it though! I went back to work with the foam pads and kept my suit jacket on all day long. I was nervous and very uncomfortable. Then the following day, I got the pads off and that's when people noticed something different. No one has said anything yet other that how 'lighter' I look! My suits fit so much better now though. The other day I went to Harry Rosen and tried a nice Boss suit. It was a 46, down from a 48 and it fit like a glove. The guy even said that it needed no alterations as it fit nicely around the chest! How about that!!!

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hey, thanks for the imput for the gel, I'll look for that this week.

I took off the foams today (couldn't stand the itching anymore, who began today, and they were falling) and I'm pretty happy with the results. Of course I'm now waiting for the swelling, but at least I know that Dr took off the gland and that the final results will look like what I saw today.

Now I'll take care of this for the next few weeks and I,ll keep you posted.

:)

Offline loman1

• Posting Member
G-Man you took your foams off after only 5 days?  isn't that a bit too soon.  

I'm flying out of Toronto after the surgery and am wondering how soon you can take of the foams. I may be "randomly selected" for thorough security check(pat down) at the gate.  Don't want to go thru that with the foams on cause there would be a bit of explaining to do.  Happened to me when I went for the consult.

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
G-Man you took your foams off after only 5 days?  isn't that a bit too soon.  

I'm flying out of Toronto after the surgery and am wondering how soon you can take of the foams. I may be "randomly selected" for thorough security check(pat down) at the gate.  Don't want to go thru that with the foams on cause there would be a bit of explaining to do.  Happened to me when I went for the consult.

Well, my surgery was on wednesday morning and I took off the foams on monday night, terchnically I should've wait till tuesday morning so I don't think it makes a big difference. They were also falling all the time.

Explain to them that you had a chest surgery, you don't need to go in details, tell them to be carefull and be cooperative and all will be fine.

Good luck

Offline happyclam

• Posting Member
loman1,

I had the foams removed five days after the surgery - took care of the iching real fast. I wore a tensor bandage for the followig two weeks though and while it's been over a month since the op., I still wear a compression t-shirt especially at the gym. I find that it keeps things in place while running on the treadmill. There's a bit of swelling left and the chest is still sore to the touch, but it's all good!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024