Author Topic: Small Gynecomastia  (Read 3364 times)

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
My hips are wider than my chest also. Buy I’m still going to try it🤣

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I tried it. Works pretty good. 

Offline CFDerae

• Posting Member
Thank you all for the advice on bras. I am looking for something in the 5-10 dollar range because I have not used a sports bra before and am unsure about how they will fit and I want to make sure I am okay with the concept and how it feels first. I am thinking of looking for a Sportsbra at a Goodwill store. I am looking into sports bra sizes and I am unsure how to calculate size, there does not seem to be a universal size. Do you have any advice for finding size, my under the chest measurement is 35" and chest measurement is 40" if that helps.

Offline JKing

• Posting Member
CFDarae, I suggest you start with a size 36 sports bra.  Most sports bras from A through D cup don't put cup sizes in their measurements as all of them compress to hold the breast tissue in place during exercise.  Some companies will use the S,M,L,XL,XXL, etc. sizing. You'll have to look at their size charts to determine.  With one company I get XXL and another I get XXXL. So it depends.  At a 36 under-bust measurement you should be able to find a large variety of options.  If you are looking at cup sizes it will require you to try on some sizes. Generally if you went through normal male puberty and your gynecomastia is something that happened later in life, the standard women's method of determining cup size will put you into too large of a cup. This is because your chest cavity and muscles are just naturally larger.  For me personally as an example, standard measurements would put me into a C or D Cup, but in reality I just fill out most A Cups. This differs for men who developed significant gynecomastia as teens and developed smaller frames due to a larger hormone imbalance. 

p.r.1974

Good morning CFDerae,

I would echo many of the previous posts in regard to your comfort level driving your decision on how to proceed. 

With the wide variety, and lack of actual standard sizing between manufacturers I might suggest purchasing a new bra, as the size will be as close to true as designed, and secondhand retailers may or may not have new stock. Various retailers online or in store will be the best option that can most always be returned. Opportunity shops can have new or like new items, but the possibility of overstretched items with tags is not a path I would choose. For me personally, I have an aversion to buying intimates for myself other than new, but I do understand the cost thing. 

My beginning process was hit and miss when I started wearing bras, as I was shy about going in for a fitting, so I did the buy and donate thing until I found my starting point. Once the confidence in openly shopping for myself grew, shopping has been more pleasant. And I have made a few friends along the way with sales associates.

usetobeed

Offline Lbrown

• Posting Member
+1 on Fruit of the Loom. I wear these around the house often. They are lightweight and comfy. They don't offer a lot of support, but you don't need much.

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
Breasts don't have to be big to get relief from a bra.  However, if your rib cage is much bigger than most women's, it will be hard to find small cups in a real bra, and bralettes that don't have any cup at all but just squash everything down just trade one kind of discomfort for another.  My favorite so far, of the many, many I've tried, is https://www.jockey.com/catalog/product/jockey-women-organic-cotton-stretch-triangle-cami-strap-bralette, because it's kind of in between those two extremes and it gives me just the right amount of room.  If you click on the beige color, you can see more detail in how the fabric cut and sewing gives some room.  My underbust measurement is 37", and I'm using the XL size.

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I love jockey bras. The bralettes and the cushion wire series...38B

Offline Busty

I agree. Sports bra. Probably XL

Offline CFDerae

• Posting Member
Hello, I am original poster.

Update: I recently got two bras, an Athleta Ultimate Bra A-C and a Duluth Trading co. Buck Naked pluschious bralette.

The Athleta is new. It is band size XL
It is sports bra which means very good for activities.

The Duluth I got used on Ebay. It had a strong sweat smell so I soaked it in water+1 cup vinegar for an hour before washing and it got rid of the smell. Duluth is size L, XL was too big. Duluth is just general. I like it because it has a very high neckline and looks like a shirt from the front.

It is preferable to wear sports bra/bralette. It doesn't feel like I have boobs when I wear one of those. It is more comfortable to walk/run.

Offline blad

Good to hear you are finding support that works for you. 

If breasts are large enough to notice with activities, the support from the right bra makes a big difference to make the issue fade away. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline gotgyne

Hello, I am original poster.

Update: I recently got two bras, an Athleta Ultimate Bra A-C and a Duluth Trading co. Buck Naked pluschious bralette.

The Athleta is new. It is band size XL
It is sports bra which means very good for activities.

The Duluth I got used on Ebay. It had a strong sweat smell so I soaked it in water+1 cup vinegar for an hour before washing and it got rid of the smell. Duluth is size L, XL was too big. Duluth is just general. I like it because it has a very high neckline and looks like a shirt from the front.

It is preferable to wear sports bra/bralette. It doesn't feel like I have boobs when I wear one of those. It is more comfortable to walk/run.
Even women with much smaller breasts are told to wear a sports bra for PE. In my opinion there should be no difference to men. If breasts are starting to become uncomfortable at physical activities a good fitting sports bra is the best solution.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Busty

So glad you are now getting the support you need.  From your earlier posts, it seemed you felt you needed to wear a bra, but were having a challenge accepting that need.  We have all been through that conflict at one time or another.  I now want to wear a bra, as I feel more comfortable and confident than when going braless.  Best of luck on your journey, as you appear to be moving to a different stage.

Any changes in your breasts or nipples since you first posted?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024