Author Topic: Need some advice and your opinion  (Read 2651 times)

Offline oregon47

I have been on TRT for about 2 years and my breasts keep getting bigger. They now hurt and are sore when working out. How bad does it look and should i consider surgery. 

Offline Johndoe1

TRT will cause gynecomastia. I have had low T and high E my whole life. My GP will not authorize TRT for me because of the concern it will make my gynecomastia even worse. Even with an E blocker, she is not comfortable prescribing that procedure for me due to my labs. I have a fairly high E level now that she is afraid will go into overdrive with the amount of T I would be taking turning a large part into E making my breasts larger.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline gynepaul

• Posting Member
TRT will cause gynecomastia. I have had low T and high E my whole life. My GP will not authorize TRT for me because of the concern it will make my gynecomastia even worse. Even with an E blocker, she is not comfortable prescribing that procedure for me due to my labs. I have a fairly high E level now that she is afraid will go into overdrive with the amount of T I would be taking turning a large part into E making my breasts larger.
Aren’t you concerned about the negative effects of low testosterone?  I’ve been on TRT since I was first diagnosed with low T after I first noticed some breast growth, about a year ago.  My breasts are still rather small, but they still seem to be slowly growing.  I’m willing to risk their continued growth to minimize my risks with cardiovascular problems and osteoporosis, which I already have to some extent.  My doc thinks my health issues have likely been aggravated by many years of low-T.  I rather have boobs than see my osteopenia progress to osteoporosis.

Offline oregon47

Thank you for the reply's. I like the feeling of being on the Testosterone. But having the breasts grow even bigger is not good. I have had some form for a long time. When working out they become sore. Wondering about wearing a sports bra to help. 

p.r.1974

My understanding is that the only two options currently available are acceptance or a surgical procedure. I am not comfortable with cosmetic surgical options; so I get to wear support. Do what is good for you.

Offline Johndoe1

Aren’t you concerned about the negative effects of low testosterone?  I’ve been on TRT since I was first diagnosed with low T after I first noticed some breast growth, about a year ago.  My breasts are still rather small, but they still seem to be slowly growing.  I’m willing to risk their continued growth to minimize my risks with cardiovascular problems and osteoporosis, which I already have to some extent.  My doc thinks my health issues have likely been aggravated by many years of low-T.  I rather have boobs than see my osteopenia progress to osteoporosis.
No. Not really. This  is a condition that I have had since puberty and I am now in my 50s. If something bad was going to happen, probably would have already happened. My doctor doesn't seem too worried about it and I get tested for just about everything under the Sun it seems. 

hammer

I've been without testosterone since I lost my testicles in 94/95, one each year, and my other health problems are connected with diabetes,  and I get bone scans to check bone density too and all is great there!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 11:43:11 AM by hammer »

Offline gynepaul

• Posting Member
I've been without testosterone since I lost my testicles in 94/95, one each year, and my other health problems are connected with diabetes,  and I get bone scans to check bone density too and all is great there!
That’s interesting that your bone density is good despite no testosterone for so long.  I don’t know how long I’ve had low-T, which was only diagnosed about a year ago.  But, my doc thinks it’s been going on for a long time.  I’ve only got one functioning testicle, and it’s pretty damn old, so not working as well as it used to.   I had a bone density test last year and it shows that I already have osteopenia, the precursor to osteoporosis.  I plan to continue my TRT to hopefully forestall developing osteoporosis.  But, if that wasn't a concern, I think I’d consider terminating the TRT. It’s kinda a pain in the ass.  But, I’m thinking that osteoporosis would be even more of a pain, not to mention life threatening in the event of a broken hip down the road.  

hammer

I've been without testosterone since I lost my testicles in 94/95, one each year, and my other health problems are connected with diabetes,  and I get bone scans to check bone density too and all is great there!
That’s interesting that your bone density is good despite no testosterone for so long.  I don’t know how long I’ve had low-T, which was only diagnosed about a year ago.  But, my doc thinks it’s been going on for a long time.  I’ve only got one functioning testicle, and it’s pretty damn old, so not working as well as it used to.  I had a bone density test last year and it shows that I already have osteopenia, the precursor to osteoporosis.  I plan to continue my TRT to hopefully forestall developing osteoporosis.  But, if that wasn't a concern, I think I’d consider terminating the TRT. It’s kinda a pain in the ass.  But, I’m thinking that osteoporosis would be even more of a pain, not to mention life threatening in the event of a broken hip down the road. 
When I was on the replacement, I was getting the injection every 2 weeks as that's all there was back then! I was going through mood swings that was worse then having a monthly every 2 weeks! And then at 37 I was blessed with a heart attack! The cause was never figured out because I had no blockage, and I passed every test that could be used but all my EKG's were bad and each one was different then the other! After being there in the hospital a couple days I went in VTEC (spelling?) Were they had to use the paddles and shock my heart back into rhythm again! After another day I was sent home and told to enjoy life!

At 61 I've had a ton of other crap such as 2 complete knee replacements,  4 back surgeries other minor surgeries, but never another heart problem,  in fact I  am told my heart is in great shape!

My last bone scan was around 2 years ago and I was told that they are looking great! I do take vitamins including D3!

The biggest side effects that I've seen from my lost of testosterone are on my chest! You can see then using the link at the bottom of any of my post if you would like to.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024