Author Topic: Holidays and wearing  (Read 558 times)

p.r.1974

The 4th of July this year had me heading out of town to visit friends from my 20’s. We haven’t seen each other in quite some time, but we fell back into the same easy groove from years past.

I will say that we are all a bit larger and showing our age a bit. Larger crowds of folks that I don’t know is a challenge for me sometimes, and extended family and friends I had yet to meet would be there with the holiday. I should have known the devil on my shoulder was lying through his teeth with the trepidation I was feeling about underdressing around them.
I had a few genuine and friendly questions about my blue and sparkly gel nails, along with discussions about everything but politics. Split nails are no fun, and the primary reason for getting manicures done for the past two years ish. Of course it is also a bit more for me, and a more in-depth conversation that I am ready to share when time is limited. But, the split nails discussion seemed to resolve it for them. And the compliments on them was a great boost for me.
Being in a 42 C,D depending on the bra, not wearing is not really a pleasant option. So, I did so knowing that our group hugs. Nothing was said, no, weird looks, and no changes that were noticeable that one picks up on when you have known each other for 25+ years.
Now I didn’t pack any of the push-up style or lower cut tops. Just unlined underwires with petals with matching panties. My (women’s) jeans as that is all I own now, with sensible shoes and socks. Though I did just bring my more masculine tops that fit.
The world didn’t stop spinning in this tiny town. I also didn’t pick up on any weirdness out and about. As mentioned in several other posts, most folks are involved in their own bubbles, or are polite enough to be decent humans without gawking or commenting.

(font edit)

« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 06:31:48 PM by p.r.1974 »

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
The 4th of July this year had me heading out of town to visit friends from my 20’s. We haven’t seen each other in quite some time, but we fell back into the same easy groove from years past.

I will say that we are all a bit larger and showing our age a bit. Larger crowds of folks that I don’t know is a challenge for me sometimes, and extended family and friends I had yet to meet would be there with the holiday. I should have known the devil on my shoulder was lying through his teeth with the trepidation I was feeling about underdressing around them.
I had a few genuine and friendly questions about my blue and sparkly gel nails, along with discussions about everything but politics. Split nails are no fun, and the primary reason for getting manicures done for the past two years ish. Of course it is also a bit more for me, and a more in-depth conversation that I am ready to share when time is limited. But, the split nails discussion seemed to resolve it for them. And the compliments on them was a great boost for me.
Being in a 42 C,D depending on the bra, not wearing is not really a pleasant option. So, I did so knowing that our group hugs. Nothing was said, no, weird looks, and no changes that were noticeable that one picks up on when you have known each other for 25+ years.
Now I didn’t pack any of the push-up style or lower cut tops. Just unlined underwires with petals with matching panties. My (women’s) jeans as that is all I own now, with sensible shoes and socks. Though I did just bring my more masculine tops that fit.
The world didn’t stop spinning in this tiny town. I also didn’t pick up on any weirdness out and about. As mentioned in several other posts, most folks are involved in their own bubbles, or are polite enough to be decent humans without gawking or commenting.
I "usually" dress very androgynous, and this week was no exception. 

I stayed home and rested as I have been ill since Saturday. That being said, I don't need to dress the part to be called ma'am by strangers.

Just today I ordered delivery because I didn't feel like making lunch. I was called "missy" by a lady in the hallway and "sweetie" by the delivery driver. I'm really not seen as male by strangers, and everyone I know is aware of my bra use, the manicured nails, and who I am.

People are really just too busy with their own lives to really care. Anyone worried about "wearing a bra" in public are feeding their own fear inside. The world doesn't care.

When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline taxmapper

I haven't got to the point of nail or other aspects, but most of my daily wardrobe is leaning female. 

its not obvious and I plan to keep it that way at least for now. 

I hit 51 inches again and I think my upper girls are about to blossom. 
I hope so, strangely I want them double the size. 

The odd part is that I also am feeling more "sensual' in ways I have never felt, and with the only downfall being headaches, it seems fine. 

Itll poss. be a test come Christmas if we head up to Seattle for a familey meeting. 

we'll see. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024