Author Topic: Night before operation  (Read 5571 times)

Offline Prufrock

• Posting Member
Tomorrow I'm going to remove my gyn.

I have just had my desinfection shower and will have one more tomorrow morning. I'm supposed to be at the hospital at 7:30 AM. So I won't get much sleep. Well, it doesn't matter. The op will take 2 hrs and then I'm going to stay there all day and night...Friends and family won't come till 5 PM.

I start to get a bit nervous. The questions I ask myself are:
1. will the doctor remove as much gyne necessary for a noticeable difference? or will it stay the same after the op?
2. will there be scars?
3. if the gyn is removed, is there a risk for it coming back?

This time tomorrow I will be a new person! I don't want to have too high expectations...At least it can't get worse...

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
  • Surgery with Dr. Bermant January 28, 2005
Don't want to scare you, but why didn't you ask your surgeon these questions before now???

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Good luck with the surgery
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Prufrock

• Posting Member
Today it is one week and one day since I made the op(I'm bad at keeping a diary :-/). I must say that so far it is not what I expected....

When I met the surgeon - a midage woman - I sensed she was reluctant to do a surgery. When I took off the shirt, she asked: "What is it that you want me to take away?" , as if I had no gyn at all...First I thought that she would cancel the op, but after I talked to her it was OK. This cleary illustrates how random and subjective the doctors decide if there's going to be an op or not. Had she been the one deciding about giving me an op she would have said no.

I was rolled down to the surgery.  I felt a bit nervous but mostly glad. I must say, the anastecia was the best part :) Once the morphine entered my veins, I fell asleep. Then, I woke up, as after a night's deep sleep and the op was over.

I had sligth pains. The doctor visited me and told me that everything went fine, except for there being a small burning wound...It was about 4 inch. large. It will go away, she told me. Anyways, I was going to have bandage around the chest for a week or two, she told me. And didn't have to stay the night. My family came and picked me up in the afternoon and I was treated like a king. They did everything for me. All I had to do for several days was lying tin the bed, reading and watching movies. Awesome!

Well, when I look at result now I must say I am disappointed. First, she has taken more on the right side. Second, an worst of all - IT ALMOST LOOKS THE SAME AS BEFORE!! I expected to have a flat chest.
Ok, there is a minor difference but why couldn't she have removed all the fat around my breats? I'm glad I at least didn't pay for the op. But perhaps I will have to go to a private surgeon...  

I will post some pics on User Pics under the heading "Pre-and postop pics", so please comment on those.
I know what I feel and I think that it basically looks the same. I don't want to go barechested on the beach looking like this.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 11:57:19 PM by Prufrock »

Offline Prufrock

• Posting Member
Don't want to scare you, but why didn't you ask your surgeon these questions before now???

Well, I did ask the doctor these things. But what the doctor tells you and what the result actually is are two different things...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 11:14:55 PM by Prufrock »

Offline Finrod

• Posting Member
I only have one question, did she do excision and lipo or only excision?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Probably not best to see a dr who looks at your chest and sees no problem.  Didn't you have a consultation with her weeks before the surgery? What did she mean by a small 4 inch burning wound?

Could just be swelling, too soon to tell.  Lay down and watch some more movies, be patient. Milk that King treatment as long as you can.  Look at Bambu's pics, the swelling will eventually subside.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Look at Bambu's pics, the swelling will eventually subside.

Hehe, yeah, the swelling went down now the hard lumpies have formed. Yeah, the hard lumps makes it feel like the moobs are back :o. How long will it take for the lumps to dissipate?

Yes, we have to be patient....  ;)  Not easy is it when you want to see a flat chest like RIGHT NOW! JCF told me it would take up to a full year before we see 'final' results. Just forget that you had the surgery for now, think about other things, go out and enjoy life. Gyne free! ;)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 11:52:35 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024