Author Topic: Had my second surgery today  (Read 2370 times)

Offline JRoy

• Posting Member
A good while back I posted about my first surgery which went generally very well. Unfortunetly, after the healing process the hard tissue still remained and the difference was minimal (only had lipo last time). My left side was only slightly bumpy, so I didn't mind, but my right side was still quite bad, the gland was very firm and I was always so self conscious about it. So, today I had it cut right out.

Arrived at the hospital for 7:15 and was in bed by 7:30. I was very happy that they let me wear my underwear under the gown this time, no more worries about flashing my junk to the lady in the bed across from me!  ;D Got my IV put in, and the waiting game was on. I realise I forgot to charge my ipod and only have about 1/4 battery life left, crap! Put on a few tunes and drift off for a while until 9:30. I go into the bathroom and do the scrub, and am then promptly whisked off for surgery.

Dr Lin made a marking right along the bottom of my nipple, unlike for the lipo where the incisions were where the pecs end on my lower chest. Dr Lin and his fellow staff who performed the operation were very nice to me and made me feel quite comfortable. I think I was out by 10:30. I was determined to remember when I fell asleep, but of course as soon as the anasthetic started, I was out and the next thing I knew I was fully awake.

Woke up in the recovery pain, groggy and my right side was fairly sore. I don't remember but I think they shot me off with some morphine before I drifted off again. Back in the recovery room for 1 PM. There were no dressings on my incision this time, just a glue kind of holding it together. Was told it went well and I would only need to be compressed for 1 week this time, instead of my previous two months. AWESOME! However, I had to wait around in bed until 5:00 PM with a dead ipod and not a whole lot to do.

It's 9:00 PM now and I'm at home with minimal pain. Can't wait to see how my right side looks when it heals, perhaps I can finally wear a t-shirt with no embarrassment? We shall see!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024