Author Topic: Surgeons in Melbourne  (Read 7795 times)

Offline topfield

Hi All

It's been great to read (most) people's positive experiences with surgery for gyne.  I have been suffering it since I was about 25 (now 29) and it's time I did something about it.

I have been going to gym regularly for over 12 months now (and whilst the rest of my bod has improved dramatically) my gyne has not.  I think my problem is mainly around the nipple area, but that's for some surgeon to determine, not me!  :D

I was wondering if people who'd had the surgery done in Melbourne could tell me:

1. (if they are happy with the results of their surgery) who their surgeon was
2. What hospital they went to
3. Roughly how much it cost.

I live in Collingwood, so would prefer somewhere inner Melbourne.

Anyway, thanks again to all who have contributed!

Cheers!

Offline zero

• Posting Member
I'm in a similar situation to you!

I got these details of a surgeon in Melbourne off another forum goer, im not sure if he's here anymore but I'll post up the contact details for you..

Bryan C Mendelson
109 Mathoura Road  
Toorak 2142
(03) 9826 0977

He was two weeks post op when he told me the details.  He said that he was  happy with the operation and seemed pretty positive!  I've been yet to follow up and contact anyone regarding my gyne yet tho.. *sigh*
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 08:52:18 PM by zero »

Offline innuendo

My Message to Help Any of You

Assoc Prof John Collins
suite 32 Priv Med Centre
Royal Melbourne Hospital  3052

Tel 93494688
Fax 93473749

Do Not Be Afraid They are Very Pleasant and You will Feel So Much Better

They have slight to severe Patients

Mine was Severe I left Bandages on for a Week then had Stitches removed after 8 days

I did not have to wear any Under-Garments and was back to Work the next Week !!!

Why so Soon you may Ask ...I gave up Smoking 2 weeks before I went in and Drink lots , Tons of water

Just Go For It You Can Do It!!...just say you need a Break ..time Out from Work.. ;) Nobody would know!

Offline deaapb

• Posting Member
to innuendo, if possible could u plz give me a lit bit more info...

how much was the approx cost???

how long from consultation to operation was the process??

and how did the surgeon operate - was it a mixture of lyposcuction and incision???  I have seen 1 surgeon in melb, who indicated i only needed lypo, but i have lumps under my nipples and i though they could only be removed via an incision under the nipple and removal???

anyway any help u could give would be very much appreciated!!!!!!!!  thanx....

Offline innuendo

Cost is around $5000 if your with a Private Health and Medicare...looking at around $2000-$3000

Consultation to Operation Only 2 weeks to wait you can let them know

Incision under the Nipple is the Best!..gets it all Out !!

In Hospital a Day...6.00am to 6.00pm.(Private Hospital)

I was told that Lipo will do it but the Honest Truth I can Hardly see my Scars one side does look smaller than the other but they should even out in Time and with Lipo ...(listen to me).....  you won't be Satisfied  ;)

Offline deaapb

• Posting Member
Thanks for the help innuendo i really apprec8 it.... so i assume its been a while now since u had the surgery??   Has it made a big difference??  so did u have incision and liposuction??  or just the incision??

Cost wise, i have medicare and private, so the cost doesnt sound too bad and doesnt sound like much of a wait either

My main concern is the puffiness in the nipple - i dont know if u had this too?  the fatness in the breast is annoying too, but i really want to get rid of those "lumps" under the nipples and make my nipple more "normal"  - so did the incision make a big differnce to the nipples and did u get rid of those lumps???  or no??  coz the surgeon i saw basically said i just had a loose niple and that there is nothing he can do about this - just bad luck

also - did john collins himself operate on u - or did sum1else??  It sounds like he does it quite a bit from what u were saying, so if i call that number it wont be like the first guy to do it!!!  hopefully...

anymore advice???  im really keen to go and do it, coz im sick of having it feel like its ruining my life

Offline innuendo

Thanks for the help innuendo i really apprec8 it.... so i assume its been a while now since u had the surgery??   Has it made a big difference??  so did u have incision and liposuction??  or just the incision??

Cost wise, i have medicare and private, so the cost doesnt sound too bad and doesnt sound like much of a wait either

My main concern is the puffiness in the nipple - i dont know if u had this too?  the fatness in the breast is annoying too, but i really want to get rid of those "lumps" under the nipples and make my nipple more "normal"  - so did the incision make a big differnce to the nipples and did u get rid of those lumps???  or no??  coz the surgeon i saw basically said i just had a loose niple and that there is nothing he can do about this - just bad luck

also - did john collins himself operate on u - or did sum1else??  It sounds like he does it quite a bit from what u were saying, so if i call that number it wont be like the first guy to do it!!!  hopefully...

anymore advice???  im really keen to go and do it, coz im sick of having it feel like its ruining my life

Yes It has made a Difference and Yes it was Incision
I have no Lumps and I find my Nipples are Smaller
I'm sure John Collins can make your Nipples smaller when making the Incision as he will Operate on You
Well the Only Advice is Stop Procrastinating and just go and get it done and you won't feel like a Freak because he does them more Often than you would think
Just be Strong and don't get Nervous about it
Write Questions down and remember this is going to Make Your Life Better
It is very Hard to do this I know
Stay Focused and Talk to Him
It will all be Over Soon
You will have a New Life!

Offline RELEIVED

Hi all,
Recently, my son had gyne. surgery (incision) and feels much better thanks to Prof.John Collins as he was absolutely fantastic and he explained the whole procedure from day one and basically walked through the procedure to make the whole process so much easier and took the fear of him and made him comfortable with the whole thing.
What can I say, if you want the best of the best, my advise is to contact his friendly staff (Natasha) to make an appointment and please  don't waste any more time and see him.
As innuendo pointed out "just go for it" you will feel 100% better.
I cant praise enough to describe Prof.John Collins work and his proffesilism he is an absolute marvel and most gentle and caring person I have ever met.

Cheers and good luck every one.
 :) :)
Assoc Prof John Collins
suite 32 Private  Medical Centre
Royal Melbourne Hospital 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024