Author Topic: I know I have Gyno, I'm just curious how severe my case is.  (Read 8455 times)

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
It never hurts to exercise and get in shape. We should all be doing that anyway. But I honestly think surgery is the answer in your case. Honestly, I have been on these boards for a long while and I personally have yet to see anyone get rid of gyne with exercise. I will never forget the guy that lost 100 lbs and his gyne was still there. Oh, it drooped a little different, but it was 100% there.

Gynecomastia is a hormonal issue, and while losing body fat will help reduce estrogen levels, its unlikely to recontour your chest at this point. Sure, some teens have their pubertal gyno go away as their homones change and they grow, ( I have witnessed that) but you are all grown up.

Although yours was probably puberty induced, you may want to have a workup at the endo for hormones to be certain there is not a continuing imbalance. If you get surgery, and there is still an imbalance, gynecomastia can recurr. A surgeon advised me that 30% recurr.

Can you save $100 per month? Bet you can. Thats only $3.33 per day. Adjust the thermostat. Budget the miles you drive your car. Drink water instead of a coke. (Its good for your weight goals as well as your finances.) Before you buy something ask yourself "Do I absolutely need this, or can I get by without it?"
You will be amazed at what you can do. You can adjust your lifestyle $3.33 per day. Thats two cokes.

You are 25 now. 4 years is going to come and go. Do you want the money for surgery when you turn 29? It may seem like a long way away, but its just around the corner. Next thing you know, you will be 40, then 50. Its up to you.

Offline domsnips

• Bronze Member
It never hurts to exercise and get in shape. We should all be doing that anyway. But I honestly think surgery is the answer in your case. Honestly, I have been on these boards for a long while and I personally have yet to see anyone get rid of gyne with exercise. I will never forget the guy that lost 100 lbs and his gyne was still there. Oh, it drooped a little different, but it was 100% there.

Gynecomastia is a hormonal issue, and while losing body fat will help reduce estrogen levels, its unlikely to recontour your chest at this point. Sure, some teens have their pubertal gyno go away as their homones change and they grow, ( I have witnessed that) but you are all grown up.

Although yours was probably puberty induced, you may want to have a workup at the endo for hormones to be certain there is not a continuing imbalance. If you get surgery, and there is still an imbalance, gynecomastia can recurr. A surgeon advised me that 30% recurr.

Can you save $100 per month? Bet you can. Thats only $3.33 per day. Adjust the thermostat. Budget the miles you drive your car. Drink water instead of a coke. (Its good for your weight goals as well as your finances.) Before you buy something ask yourself "Do I absolutely need this, or can I get by without it?"
You will be amazed at what you can do. You can adjust your lifestyle $3.33 per day. Thats two cokes.

You are 25 now. 4 years is going to come and go. Do you want the money for surgery when you turn 29? It may seem like a long way away, but its just around the corner. Next thing you know, you will be 40, then 50. Its up to you.

Skyhawk great advice mate all can save money.
When it comes to training though I think that the bow flex is a waist of money save your 500 dollars for your surgery there is a reason that your mate is selling it and that is that they really are not that good. Get yourself a bench and some free weights a dumbell and barbell they are really cheap less then the bow flex and eat correctly and that is all that you are going to need. A great place to start when it comes to training well what I feel is the www.bodyforlife.com program it is very basic and easy to follow and does not take much time out of your day. You should get great results and as far as everyone says it will not help your gyne I am not to sure about that statement. Fat is fat there is no doubt about that and the body will use any sort of fat that it can to get its energy when on a balanced diet and training program. SO what I mean is that you will find as you lose weight the fat will melt around your stomach, legs, back and arms but eventually it will not have fat left there to burn the body will try and leave as much fat as it can in each area of your body so once it has got to its minimun in those areas it will look for other areas to take it and here comes the shrinkage in the chest the gland is mixed with fat so if your body starts to use that fat as energy it obviously is going to get smaller.

You can all try and give me hell over this statement I am not saying that the gyno is going to be gone I know that it will not be but what I am saying is that it will reduce in size there is no doubt about it. Just think about a females breast when a women goes on a strict diet and they lose weight what happens and also what do they all complain about the breast gets smaller I mean it gets much smaller that is why you will see most female competetive bodybuilders have very small breasts or they have breast enlargements.

Offline this_guy

• Posting Member
Wow, had no idea my thread had gotten anymore post. I was away from the board for a while, and when i got back i was busy viewing other threads, never thought to check mine. Thanks for all the advice! As far as the bow flex goes, doesn't matter, dude sold it before I got the money anyway :) Glad to know it would have been a waste of time. Ive just bought a bench with a 45 pound bar, and loads of steel weights.  As far as that goes, I also have a gym membership through where I work, so its very cheap. My thing is, I need to cut body fat, and I have no method. I have the equipment available, but no plan :( So thats my thing now, to get a stable workout started. again. And your right, 3.33 a day is easy to save, and worth it in the end. I will begin as of today. Thanks again for all the advice everyone!

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
You've gotten a lot of great advice on this thread.  I agree that first & foremost you need to focus on getting in shape.  Everyone on this site wants to get rid of their gynecomastia, but a lot of yours appears to be adipose (fat) tissue.  I'm sure you have some gland tissue present, from the appearance of your photos.  If it is going to take some time to save your money for the surgery, you can use that time to get in shape.  I know you have 2 kids to support, and that's not cheap, but try to set aside a little money at a time.  Learn all you can in the meantime about gynecomastia and the surgery, so when you're ready you'll be well-educated.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024