Author Topic: How long does swelling take to go down?  (Read 4849 times)

Offline scousered45

• Posting Member
Does anyone know how long post operation for gland and fat removal swelling takes to go down?

How bad is the swelling normally as well?

Does it swell back to a similar size as it was before the operation a few days after?

Can anyone describe there post operation experiences with swelling?

Basically did anyone find with there surgery that the swelling went up so it was nearly the same as pre op, but then went down again?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 05:05:26 PM by scousered45 »

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
Yeah, I suppose it is.  The first time I saw my chest around day 3 it was swollen, but not as bad as day 4 and 5 I think.  With the exception of the gland and the shape of my nipple I think you could say my chest was nearly as big with swelling.  However the swelling was uneven, both sides were different, and different areas of the chest were different sizes.  Now on day 10 it is reducing in size and becoming more uniform (its looking like day 3 again).

Hope that helps.

Offline scousered45

• Posting Member
Yeah, I suppose it is.  The first time I saw my chest around day 3 it was swollen, but not as bad as day 4 and 5 I think.  With the exception of the gland and the shape of my nipple I think you could say my chest was nearly as big with swelling.  However the swelling was uneven, both sides were different, and different areas of the chest were different sizes.  Now on day 10 it is reducing in size and becoming more uniform (its looking like day 3 again).

Hope that helps.

That does help as I'd say mine sounds similar. What type of op did you have? Was it puffy nipples or gland and fat removal, if you don't mind me asking?

Offline scousered45

• Posting Member
Ok, just saw the surgeon, he says it is swelling and its more swelled than before, which is relieving.

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
I had both. Gland via direct excision, and lipo from the armpit area.  I'm glad you got things sorted out from your doc.  I think everyone has their moments during recovery where you just arnt sure of things.

Offline scousered45

• Posting Member
Same here, I'm still worried though, but I'm normally worried about something. I will be so happy if I can freely take my shirt off in public.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024