Author Topic: Poland Surgery  (Read 109467 times)

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
Hi, has any one went to poland for surgery and if so, how was it ? Thank you
I am going to go to poland in about 7 weeks as it's 60% cheaper than britain , i was just wondering if any one had any comments on surgery in eastern europe.
Ta ;D

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
 basicly i think its a no frills service, you go in get surgery done and you go home.

If you go down this route you realy have got to do your research as you would over hear.. but seeing as tho your out the country you have got to be a little more carefull!.

Good luck ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 12:48:03 PM by chestrockwell »

Offline markashleigh1979

Hi,
they are going to send me an information pack ;procedure, cd's featuring the good press they have recieved from european tv channels and pictures of past gyne cases.
I am just so emotionaly strained i can'e bare to wait another year to save cash up for an operation in the U.K. I am a full time student in my final year at uni ...totaly skint :) .
The polish surgeon is a member of the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons...if this means anything?
I have mild gyne so it aint going to be a major op :/ , i feel like  i am trying to convince myself....lol .
This is his web site if u want to take a look ...
http://www.plastic-surgery-in-poland.com/e-surgery.htm

One problem is that i have to fly to berlin and then get a taxi into poland....

The surgery is less than a grand, i am so confused......:) .

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
Just taken a look at the site and it looks good..and the prices are very cheap indeed 750 euros for gyne surgery thats about £506 give or take a few quid now thats dirt cheap :).

Its all down to you now bro, you just got to do all the research you can, remember if you hear somthing that worries you..Dont go through with it!, at the end of the day its your body.

Back to the price, that is realy cheap i mean even if you add all the air fayre and taxi fees and so on you should still end up paying way less than what you would if you had the procedure done over here..unless you let me have a go.. im a dab hand with stanley knife  :D,

I dont know what else i can tell you apart from do your research, you can be our guinea pig. ;D

Good luck bro!. ;)

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
oops posted same thing twice :-/
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 04:05:14 PM by chestrockwell »

Offline markashleigh1979

Ha Ha i can be the Testing pig ;D , i like it.....i could add it it to my CV.
Yer the price is really cheap ; it works out £750 odd including stay in hospital and the general anaeshetic

•      Operation (Gynecomastia) EUR 750,-
•      Anaesthesia and one stay in the clinic after the operation  
EUR 240,-
•      One additional day at the clinic (full board)
EUr 65.

That comes to 1005 EUR and i think including easy jet flights from Newcastle to Berlin and then taxi from Berlin to the place in Poland, i can get it all for under a grand.

It seems like to much of a gift horse, but if i think logicaly Poland is a poor country compared to the U.K. so the price due to the economy os probs spot on.
I think i will go for it!!!!!!
After perusing the documents they send out ;)

Thanks for your advice and support :)

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Thats is DAMN cheap mate, but do check the place out as thoroughly as poss before going ahead with it, dont just rely on their literature, trawl the net and see who else has used them and what the results and service were like.....You need some independent opinions, and I guess this website is as good a starting point as any...

An alternative idea....how about getting an interest free credit card, theres tons of em about, get your op done here and start paying it off straight away, mate Id rather get a part time job and get the job done here than take a gamble with eastern europe. but hey this is all just my opinion.....good luck whatever you do!

Offline markashleigh1979

I am a full time student in my final year at university so a part tme job and a credit card are out of the question.....there is another surgery in Brussels doing it for 1100-1500 and they are based in Manchester and London.....I think they fly over with you to brussels to perform the op.
I will wait to see the pictures and cd they send before i make my mind up.
I just find surgery here to be a con. :(

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Im sure there are very competent surgeons in eastern europe as well as not so competent, but the same can be said of the UK.  As said before, make sure you do your homework before deciding.

I dont think surgery is a con here to be honest, its the cost of the overnight stay in the hospitals.  For instance my surgery all in cost £3655, which £1705 was for the surgeon.  It was around the £1600 in hospital fees.  £1705 is a lot for the surgeon too mind you but to be honest i dont grudge them that as they are taking on huge responsibilities during surgery.  Also when you take into account the wages dumba$$ footballers get its a drop in the ocean.  The total cost could be a lot cheaper if hospitals would just lower the costs a bit.  

That being said i forgot my consultation was £80, now that is a con really.  It would be nice if you only paid the consultation fee if you didnt go with the surgeon.

Anyway good luck which ever route you decide.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline markashleigh1979

Thanks for the advice.
I have emailed both of them to request pictures of past gynecomastia ops they have performed and how they intend to carry out the procedure  i, e. where would the incission be made ect .
Fingers crossed.  :) they are both good, i am also searching the net for negative feedback on them .

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
some good advice there mate, and i hear what RRB is saying about the consultation....I mean £80 is a bit dear to be honest!, can you imagine going in to PCWorld to by a pc and when you ask for information or a demonstration they turn around after and say "that will be 80 pounds please" yer right heres my @ss pick a cheek :o, but we pay a consultation fee with no questions!

When you go for your surgery and you are sat in the waiting room with your ticket.. what looks like the type you get at the meat counter at asda...and the surgeon comes through in a dirty apron sharpening a clever!.....RUN my friend...RUN like the wind . :o

Sorry bro only joking please dont be offended ;)

Its all about Research m8, you have to find as much information as you possibly can, even the tinest detail could be important to you and your end results.

youl be good m8 keep us updated

good luck

chris.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 12:54:18 PM by chestrockwell »

Offline brother_gyne

• Bronze Member
Its sounds good, how about insurance if any probs develop? Would your standard travel insurance cover planned surgery. Thats not to pay for it but if complications come up - would it get you home?

Not that its the otherside of the world, you could drive there (or your parents could if you needed them), + its EU now.

Offline markashleigh1979

How much!!!! 80 quid for a consultation; I would at least expect some liposuction on my big toe for that amount!   :o
One thing that is making me a bit paranoid about some of these surgeons I have contacted is their names, Ed Gein , J Dahmer , N bates & Chaz Manson ;)

I think I will contact a private medical insurance firm from the U.K if I decided to have the surgery in Eastern Europe.
One of the polish surgeons looks to be really proficient at his work, or that could just be the magical touch of the web site developer. I have emailed him as well as several others requesting procedure techniques and pictures, so now it is just a question of waiting and keeping my fingers crossed.
I really appreciate all your advice and thoughts on this topic, as you are all well aware I am very apprehensive about surgery any where, let alone so far away from home. Like RRB said, I am also sure there are very competent surgeons in Poland it’s just a question of locating one who is familiar and up to date with gynecomastia and its removal.
Cheststock well: If I have night mares tonight about Leatherface performing surgery on me with a rusty razor blade, it’s your fault   ;) . Actually, it will be prob better than the dream I had last night…….it was Dale Wi**on chasing me with a tub of Vaseline wanting to play Doctors and Nurses……arrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh. .

;D .
I will keep you all posted , hopefully the information will arrive today .

Brother gyne: Can i take insurance with the practise againt bodged jobs?

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
Actually, it will be prob better than the dream I had last night…….it was Dale Wi**on chasing me with a tub of Vaseline wanting to play Doctors and Nurses……arrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh. .

LMAO :D,....and i bet you fell over on purpose and let him catch you :D :D, good to see a sense of humour m8 espescialy as it seems as twisted as my own ;).

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Mark, do the Polish surgeons/staff speak English, as I guess this will make a pretty big difference.....

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024