Author Topic: Finally Got Surgery (Dr. Craig Fielding)  (Read 11272 times)

Offline wrh321

• Posting Member
Hey guys, just have a quick question I hope someone can shed a little bit of light on. I am about 2.5 weeks post op and am just worried about all this hard tissue all over my chest. I am experiencing it on both sides but to a greater degree under my left nipple. It is a hard mass that feels like muscle and its uncomfortable and tender. I have no clue if this is scar tissue or if this is something that needs to be drained. Also as i mentioned above, my left nipple does not seem to be healing like my right nipple, it just seems dead. I am going to call the PS tomorrow to see what he can says. Any help from you guys would be much appreciated.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
What you have there is scar tissue forming.  It's completely normal at this stage, so no worries.  Have you begun to massage yet?  If not, it's a good time to start.  Massaging the lumpy areas will help to break down the scar tissue and make it go away.  It will take awhile though, like several weeks to months even.  In some people, the scar tissue may not go away completely at all.  I'm at about the same stage as you right now (had surgery Jan. 12th).  I have a very large mass of scar tissue on the left, from just below the nipple to the side of my chest going under the arm area.  It's pretty tender still (and swollen too).  It is not comfortable at all to massage, but it needs to be done if I want the best possible results.  If you massage 5 mins per side, 3 times a day you should do alright.  5 minutes seems like a lifetime when it hurts like hell, but hopefully worth it in the end.  I was told by the PS that while massaging "if it doesn't hurt, you aren't pressing hard enough".  It sucks!  Make no mistake about that  ::).  Hope that helps, I'm right there at the same stage with ya!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline Azure

• Posting Member
What S'n'B says. Scar tissue is our enemy. To counteract the impact this might otherwise pose, organise a massage regime akin to what he advises. Three times a day, five minutes each side is the way to go.

I tend to do this just after lunchtime. If it doesn't hurt, you're not massaging hard enough so be prepared to go through a bit of a pain barrier in order to make your efforts worthwhile.

As he says, it will take some time but if you're consistent and you follow through with effective massage, there's no reason why you won't be able to lessen scar tissue issues.

Also, both sides of my chest still feel as if I've had 150 body shots from Iron Mike and both sides are bruised and very sore (because of the extent of the liposuction) as well as being very numb. I think the sensation you are currently experiencing, which sounds very much like mine will improve over time. The fact that one side feels different to the other sounds unusual, so maybe your call into your PS will give an indication as to why that is.

Let us know how you get on with your call.

And welcome to the massage brigade! lol

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024