Author Topic: My waste of $6200.  (Read 9534 times)

Offline chicagobuffed

• Posting Member
This text has been removed for legal reasons. Sorry guys,

Simon (admin)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 04:52:25 AM by admin »

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
  • Gyne removed by Mr Levick 2nd Feb 05
    • Before and After Surgery Pics
I feel for your bro.  I have no constructive advise but just want to say people on the board are thinking of you.  

Sue the doctor if poss and try and get your money back.  There must be some PS odbusman that you could talk to about getting your cash back.

Chorlton

Offline gynejew

• Posting Member
I dont get the center of chest lyposuction thing... from the navel? huh?

Dude what happened to you really sux. I'm sorry man.

I just had mine a week ago and it looks only a little better than before, I really hope this is swelling and not breast tissue right now.

Sue on a malpractice for a million or two man. Get a good jewish lawyer.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i wonder if shelling out $100 or whatever a consultation fee is with somebody else for a second opinion would be worth it to try to figure out how much of it is swelling, though it may not be easy to tell.  

the extra cost thing admittedly sounds dubious.  now your mother wasn't under anesthesia, though mothers generally want to put your well being first anyway.  

he probably should have told you about tanning, though i bet he wasn't the first to neglect to mention it either.  

i am surprised about the sternum thing; if people know their stuff, they often go in from under the arm where it hides much better.  

i think you should consider your lawyer's advice from the perspective that winning something like this is dicey even when you have a reasonably good case.  i understand being upset, but you might still consider negotiation (including trying to ax the $700 too).   maybe you were thinking small claims court, but i know someone who had a real estate case in the bag, sued for $5k, got an out of court settlement.  guess what she paid lawyers.  that's right, about $5k.  

i'd bet he tried to err on the side of too little vs too much, because you can't easily reverse too much, but i agree, i don't like the idea of leaving anything behind at all either.  
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 08:17:38 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline chicagobuffed

• Posting Member
Thanks for your imput guys. I appreciate it. I saw Dr. Bermant's web page, actually I stumbled onto it awhile back doing a search. Anyway his procedures look very thorough. I saw a bit of negative comments that involved his work so I'm not sure. I have a consultation with a Dr. Mustoe, not sure I spelled it right. But this doctor was referred to me by a doctor in CT who did my friend's chest and it came out great. Sad thing is this doctor doesn't practice anymore but made me a local recommendation. So I trust he is as thorough as this guy in CT.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Before and/or after pics?
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline chicagobuffed

• Posting Member
I don't see the option to post one here, do I need to post it in the pictures option?

Offline vaio

Please do so. I've very interested in seeing this.
Had the Doctor had any previous experience with gynecomasti work? Did you see any previous pictures of patients that had the procedure done?

Offline chicagobuffed

• Posting Member
I've been trying to post pics to my aol home page and this shit is giving me problems. I'm really over it, perhaps another time. I've never been on a forum like this that required so much effort to post pics. For crying out loud....

Offline vaio

Its not that hard.

Offline headheldhigh01

normally you just post links that point to the pics on whatever other site/server you put them on.  sometimes that causes issues when the host server doesn't like calls from remote pages.  (i wonder if just linking to a page itself with the pics would work better).  

some people have also created and uploaded to a yahoo photo album too.  

Offline chicagobuffed

• Posting Member
No, it's just aol's unreliable "bull S H I T. Their servers are unreliable.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Chicagobuffed, don't know what to tell you. That's tough, for the number of surgeries done, it may not happen much (percentage wise) but one time is one too many.

gynejew.  I was thinking more along the lines of a Latino lawyer for this one. But I suppose either would be okay.  WTF :-/

Offline vaio

Sounds like bs to be.

Offline headheldhigh01

well, don't know what he was thinking, but maybe you wouldn't want him to beat around the bush.  some guys charge more than 75, and in the grand scheme of getting it done right, that's like what, 1.5% of typical final costs.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024