Author Topic: After Gynecomastia surgery will Gynecomastia come back?  (Read 8321 times)

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
Had a consultation couple weeks ago, the doctor said he would do VASER LIPO to remove the fatty tissue and glandular tissue but he told me that since i am 17 there is a risk that there could be glandular tissue coming back...is this possible doctors?

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
In my experience you will not have adequate resection of the glandular component with liposuction alone.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Vase lipo can remove fat but not breast (gland) tissue.

Most procedures require both lipo and excision of breast tissue.  Question your surgeon carefully -- you don't want to be amongst the crowd that had surgery which was incomplete.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
Yeah i agree, i have both fatty and glandular tissue however doctor said Vaser Lipo is enough to get rid of the fatty tissue as well as glandular tissue, he mentioned using a probe to get rid of glandular tissue, I did not believe this but he showed me so many patients and patients with a larger case than mine as well as minor case and he has got rid of these all with Vaser as he does not perform gland removal...

Therefore i will most probably go with just Vaser Liposuction, however there is a high chance of changing my mind, I have plenty of time.

To my question, please can you answer? After this surgery is there any chance of gynecomastia coming back? my Gyno started at the age 10 with puffy nipples now i have both fatty and glandularr tissue at the same amount with mild gynecomastia as a total.

REGARDS

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
In the vast majority of patients, assuming appropriate surgery has been performed, the chance of recurrence of gyne is negligible.

Sometimes, even in the best of hands, there can be some growth of scar tissue post op (especially under the areola).  This is NOT a recurrence -- merely scar tissue, and it can be treated non-surgically.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
In the vast majority of patients, assuming appropriate surgery has been performed, the chance of recurrence of gyne is negligible.

Sometimes, even in the best of hands, there can be some growth of scar tissue post op (especially under the areola).  This is NOT a recurrence -- merely scar tissue, and it can be treated non-surgically.

Dr Jacobs
Is that answer regardless of age? Because i am 17 right now.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, in general this statement holds true for any age.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I don't feel that VASER liposuction alone is adequate when glandular tissue is present.  When I used ultrasonic assisted liposuction in the past, I still performed excision of the glandular tissue in order to achieve complete resection.  Recurrence of pubertal gynecomastia is uncommon following adequate resection.  As Dr. Jacobs suggested--be sure that you're getting a complete procedure.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery