Author Topic: Oklahoma City  (Read 3406 times)

Offline unsureinOK

• Posting Member
Hi there.  I'm looking at having surgery in the OKC area.  So far I've found multiple Docs mentioned on this site but only 2 that have any "testimonials."  I've found a couple others through Google, but they all use the same before & after pics and a canned explanation.  Does anybody have any real, current experience with any of the OKC Docs? 

Offline unsureinOK

• Posting Member
I have a consultation with Dr. Nuveen next week.  I'll post how it goes. 

Offline gman2012

Please keep me in the loop I am trying to find one in Oklahoma or in a neighboring state as well

Offline unsureinOK

• Posting Member
Had the consultation with Dr. Nuveen today, surgery scheduled for June 10th.  He was very informative, answered all my questions, and his office was very comfortable.  I will say that he is a definite salesman and will talk as if you've already made up your mind to have surgery.  This wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but if you are a highly anxious person I can see how this could be off-putting. 

One thing we talked about was that he does not use compression vests.  He said he used to but had many patients tell him they hated them and never wore them and the patients still had excellent results.  He had some patients wear them, and some use "ACE" bandages and said the results were the same so he stopped using the compression vests completely.  He did say that some people are more comfortable using compression shirts (e.g. Under Armor) or the combination of ACE & UA shirt.  He also does not do general anesthetic, but rather local.  I really don't think I want to be coherent as to what is going on, but I think the immediate recovery will be much more comfortable. 

Anyway, it still doesn't seem real that I'm going to have this corrected, I've lived with it for many many years...  Really hoping for a positive experience.

Offline unsureinOK

• Posting Member
I swear they told me my surgery was scheduled for 6/10, but it is in fact 6/14 (in about 9 hours).  I'm a little nervous, but excited at the same time.  I'll report back post-op.  God, please let this not be a mistake.

Offline unsureinOK

• Posting Member
Had surgery this morning, still a little out of it as I don't do anesthesia very well.  I misunderstood Dr. Nuveen at the consultation, I was out for the surgery, not just a local.  Anyway, as far as I know the surgery went well.  I was really hoping not to wake up with drains in but was not so lucky.  Didn't want to fill the scrip for pain meds but am quite glad I did.  Feels fine if I'm laying down, but if I stand up it hurts like hell (not sure if its the weight of the drains or what, but it's not pleasant).  Anyway, I'll have the drains until there is less than 25mL drainage per 24 hours. 

In case anybody is in the area or considering flying in to be treated by Dr Nuveen, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.  His office and staff are first-class.  I'll try to post some pre & post pics once the drains are out.  If anybody has any questions about Dr. Nuveen feel free to email me.  I know I had a hard time finding recommendations in the area so if there's anything I can do to help somebody else, I'm happy to do whatever I can to help.

Offline unsureinOK

• Posting Member
Pics and experience posted in Surgery Experiences subforum.

LINK TO THREAD: www.gynecomastia.org/smf/13/dr-nuveen-oklahoma-city-61413/

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024