Author Topic: Operation with Mr Vijh on the 18/06/2018  (Read 15391 times)

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Hi,

After 13 years of putting up with my Gyno I have finally decided to proceed with the operation with Mr Vijh. The last 13 years has been a rollercoaster but recently my glands seem to be getting bigger so that was the decision maker for me. The hard lump in my left chest is probably 5x the size of the one which is in the right. The lumps sometimes make the chest/nipple area itchy and the area is painful to sleep on or if someone touches my chest area.

Around 4 weeks ago I had a consultation with Mr Vijh, £150. I also had a consultation with Mr Vijh around 6 years but I decided not to proceed with the operation. It seems I was lucky to wait as the proceed has now changed and they go in via your armpit and not your nipple area.

I walked away feeling that Mr Vijh was the best person for the operation. He answered all my questions but like normal I thought of more questions afterwards! I believe he classed me as a B2 and he feels there shouldn't be any issues. The first two weeks of recovery are important and the remaining six weeks I'll need to keep the compression band on.

The operation will be at The Priory in Birmingham and I should receive confirmation 3 weeks prior the operation date.

One thing I forgot to mention was that I booked the operation via Julie at The Beauty Gurus who was very helpful. I was informed that the price would be £4,691 and that The Priory offer 12 months 0%.

It seems things are happening behind the scenes as Julie requested my doctor details so I presume they'll be requesting a copy of my records. I have been back and forth the doctors for years and basically gave up with the NHS as Gyno is not covered. I've had a few blood tests and also a biopsy so hopefully I won't require any more tests prior my operation.

One last thing to mention. I dont smoke, hardly drink and eat healthy. Normally I attend the gym 2-4 times per week and 80% of the time it's weights. Since my consultation with Mr Vijh I have decided to try and train as much prior the OP. I have been going around 5-6 times per week and have increased my CV. I have taken this apon myself as once I have the OP I won't be able to train for minimum 8 weeks and I would prefer to have more muscle/less fat.

Apologies for the above being all over the place but I thought I'd keep a diary to help others. Nearer the time I will include some pictures prior the OP. Nervous times ahead...

Offline LAL4Life

• Posting Member
Thank you for doing a progress log. It will certainly help a lot of people including myself. 
Good Luck on your operation. Hope it goes really well!

Offline Mk1991

• Posting Member
Had my consultation today and was very impressed with him, waiting for a date at the end of the June so look foward to hearing your side of things a couple of weeks before it's my turn!

Offline Gynogadge

• Posting Member
Just had mine with him 3 days ago! So far so good! Over the moon so far and can’t wait to be fully recovered!, good luck you won’t regret it! 

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
That's great news and I'm glad everything went well for you. Do you have any before and after pictures? I'm in the counting down phase now.... I believe I should receive a letter from the hospital 3 weeks prior the operation.

Few questions if you don't mind:

Did you also have it at The Priory?
Did you buy an adjustable compression vest prior from ES?
Did they supply a compression band?
Would you suggest any items/medication prior OP?

Thank you and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Offline Gynogadge

• Posting Member
I tried to take a before picture on the morning of surgery but my nipples were hard so I couldn’t really get one to show it 🙈, I think I have some somewhere I will try dig them out, I have took an after but will need to wait until I’m at work next to use the pc to put them on.

Yeah I had it at the priory.
I baught one from macom before hand. And yeah I got the band from the hospital, I changed to my macom one after about a day and a half, I think this may be earlier than recommended but the band one was digging into the wounds in my arm pit and it kept coming down and loose at the bottom, and I felt the macom one actualy gave better more even compression.
Erm no there’s nothing I can think to recommend really. I took the recommended pyjamas/dressing gown etc but didn’t even use them as it would have been too much of a darn on to put on.
I did take a powerbank for my phone which I was glad off, I wouldn’t have been able to reach it if it was plugged in unless you have a really long cable, other than that not really, maybe a couple of snacks

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Thanks for answering my questions. I find my chest is ok when I have hard nipples or after a shower. It's when the chest is relaxed my chest goes puffy/pointy. Recently it's more about the painful lumps than the look.

How are you looking after 5/7 days?
Are you in much pain/discomfort?

I notice that some people recover quick and are back to work and others take months...

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Letter received from The Priory - Fixed Price Cosmetic Surgery Package

Confirmation of the price and admission date. Payment has to be completed at least 10 days prior to your admission date. I will be paying some via debit card and the remaining on the 12 month 0% BMI card.

Offline Gynogadge

• Posting Member
Yeah that’s always been the case with me, I would have proberbly been happy with a permanent nipple on lol.

Il try get some pics up next week when I can get on a pc, It’s day 6 now, Still looking great, bit of bruising but no swelling yet.
Pain wise I have been fine since I was back in my room at the hospital really. From reading some other posts it sounds like i have been lucky with other people having morphine/codeine etc. It’s not like I was just toughing it out or anything either I was just genuinely not really in any pain. There was just the discomfort with the arm pit incisions.
I can almost sleep on my side again, My arm movement is coming back now, I can raise my shoulders past horizontal. I’m in no pain, the compression vest is a mild nouisance nothing more.
I’m just getting impatient now wanting to get back training and stuff.

I did the same, I paid £1600 on debit card and 3k on bmi. I panicked because I few days before I hadn’t paid and realised it said 10 days before, but i was fine to just do it on the day using them methods.

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Evening. It sounds like you've been very lucky compared to others who have posted on here. Fingers crossed mine ends up like yours but we'll see. I'm just wishing the next 3 weeks away.

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Large letter received this morning from The Priory:

Pre Assessment: Tue 12th June @ 11am
Confirmation of admission date: Mon 18th June @ 12:30pm
Registration form
Health questionnaire

Last food intake on Mon 18th is @ 8:00am
Last fluid intake on Mon 18th is @ 12:00pm
Estimated length of stay: 1 night

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
Hey guys.

I had my pre-assessment at the priory yesterday and set to have the op done Thursday 31st May by Mr Vijh. I will try to remember to update here after the operation, pretty nervous about getting it done but excited also.

I only have minor (grade 1) gynecomastia, but looking forward to getting it removed after seeing some of the results on here of surgery carried out by Mr Vijh.

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Good luck. Keep us posted on how it goes. I presume the pre assessment is just with a nurse for 30mins or so?

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
Cheers. Yeah thats exactly it, they take your height, weight and blood pressure etc. Also an opportunity to ask any questions in regards to the procedure.

Offline kilroyrichard

• Posting Member
Cheers. Yeah thats exactly it, they take your height, weight and blood pressure etc. Also an opportunity to ask any questions in regards to the procedure.

I went all the way to birmingham from london for this and it was such a basic process that took five mins, and when i told the nurse “back down to london now” she said that I could have just had my local gp do it and send them the info. I was quite pissed off that they didn’t suggest this earlier and wasted a day. Plus the nurse can only answer so much. Just give it some thought if you don’t live near!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024