Author Topic: My First Post and my story.  (Read 2461 times)

Offline TJS4791

I wanted to say thank you to all of the people who have contributed to this site. I have been living with and suffering from Gyno for about 18 years now. I am 31 and althought I can't say my life has been hell, it has been very uncomfortable for many many years. For the longest time I thought I was one of only a few people who suffered from this condition. Heck, until I found this site I didn't even know that it had a name. I just thought I was one of the unlucky few that had it. I prayed and cursed and asked why me. I was scared to talk about it with anyone. Even my lovely wife of 9 years. I was super embarressed. I even got into fist fights with anyone who would comment on my problem. I was ultra sensitive to it. After reading the posts on this site for almost a year, I finally saved up the money and got up the nerve to schedule the surgery. That was only part of the problem. Now I had to talk to my wife about it. When I mentioned it to her she was shocked that I had been so bothered by it for so long. She loved me so unconditionally that she never really paid it any thought. I explained to her how my life has been negatively affected by Gyno for so long. She completely understood and stood by my decision. Yesterday I had my surgery. I was put completely out and I don't remember anything. I do however have some pretty good pain. It feels like I have been hit in the chest repeatedly. It is manageable though. I hope to be able to return to work in a day or so. I don't know how it looks yet because I haven't taken the bandages off yet. I will probably do that tomorrow. I just wanted to say thanks for helping me through my very tough time and educating me along the way. You all are great!!! Good luck to everyone who has ever been in my shoes. I feel your pain and there is a way out. Take care.
:D

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude....

Thanks for sharing your story...  ;)

My wife was not bothered by my gyne either. She was very surprised to learn that it bothered me for so long (as with you). Patricia said that she felt that I didn't need the Op. However, after seeing my 'Before' and 'After' pics, she then admitted that I made the right decision.

All the best!

John.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 07:21:44 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Tired

• Bronze Member
Great choice! And i wish you the best in the healing process. Tell us how it feels  :)

Offline lafilip

• Posting Member
Hey TJS4791,

Good luck on the recovery! I know exactly how you feel when you say that YOU weren't happy with yourself.  Doesn't matter how others feel, in the end it matters how you feel cause after all it is your body.

PS. Sounds like your wife is a keeper and she really does love u for u.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024