Author Topic: losing weight  (Read 4851 times)

Offline John1984

• Bronze Member
  • Surgery done, all good
I'm trying to lose some weight (about another 10 pounds), and would just like to know if eating healthily and jogging/cycling will do the job.

Whenever someone asks a question about weight loss, they seem to get jumped on by dozens of gym-fanatics telling them all their expertise about muscle groups, eating exactly one seventeenth of something to do with carbs, doing the right muscles for 67.5% of the time and god-knows what else...

Basically, is all this really necassary to lose weight?  I can't afford to join a gym, and anyway if i'm going to exercise I'd much rather have fun while doing it (getting out in the fresh air, cycling around the countyside etc), instead of planning it all like a military routine and generally acting like a bit of a slave to the cause.

I exercise so that my heart is pumping hard for about an hour each day, I drink loads of water, and i limit my daily calorie-intake to about 1800 a day.  I also eat my quota of 5 fruit & veg a day, and i avoid saturated fats.

Will this do?!
Surgery performed on 29th March by Mr. Mark Gittos
Pre-Op Pictures: http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/j0hn_1984/album?.dir=/91c8
Post-Op pictures coming as soon as I can work out how to use my camera

Offline zjab58

• Gold Member
  • Edging dangerously close to sanity.
That sounds like a good plan. The key is to be honest. Don't cheat. Having said that, cheat very occasionally so that you don't get overwhelmed. Good luck.

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
take a boxing class and do it as a workout, let me tell you, its the funnest way to get in shape and it gets you in shape FAST. im a boxer and i lose weight so fast i dont even know what happens. boxing will also help tone your body alot too, whether or not you want to fight is up to you, they wont make you.

Offline P1mp

• Posting Member
hi protien and NO sucrose aka sugar like soda. sat fat dosn't matter unless you have a heart problem im pretty sure but it probably isn't helping... lift weights and focus your "trouble" areas around your weight lifting sessions. Your cardio should also be intense dude who posted above is right boxing or kickboxing will definetly help kill your fat.

Offline jalen_rose5

• Posting Member
  • conditioning coach for the Indiana Pacers
you are on the right track my friend...all that jargon is useful and true, but, jogging, biking, keeping active and eating healthy incorporates all that talk into lamens terms if u will.

Offline User

• Bronze Member
I'm trying to lose some weight (about another 10 pounds), and would just like to know if eating healthily and jogging/cycling will do the job.

Whenever someone asks a question about weight loss, they seem to get jumped on by dozens of gym-fanatics telling them all their expertise about muscle groups, eating exactly one seventeenth of something to do with carbs, doing the right muscles for 67.5% of the time and god-knows what else...

Basically, is all this really necassary to lose weight?  I can't afford to join a gym, and anyway if i'm going to exercise I'd much rather have fun while doing it (getting out in the fresh air, cycling around the countyside etc), instead of planning it all like a military routine and generally acting like a bit of a slave to the cause.

I exercise so that my heart is pumping hard for about an hour each day, I drink loads of water, and i limit my daily calorie-intake to about 1800 a day.  I also eat my quota of 5 fruit & veg a day, and i avoid saturated fats.

Will this do?!

That sounds like the ideal plan.
Surgery date: February 8, 2006

Offline ASRel

• Posting Member
take a boxing class and do it as a workout, let me tell you, its the funnest way to get in shape and it gets you in shape FAST. im a boxer and i lose weight so fast i dont even know what happens. boxing will also help tone your body alot too, whether or not you want to fight is up to you, they wont make you.

Similarily, I'd suggest doing martial arts. About 1.5 hours of hardcore workout will help you get in shape.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024