Author Topic: smoking weed 3 days before endo..  (Read 5633 times)

Offline metsn2005

• Bronze Member
i have a endo appointment for next monday. Would smoking weed (not a ton) on this friday totally screw the tests up. I don't care if the doc knows i smoke, I just want accurate results. I havn't smoked in a little over a month and before that i hadnt in a month and a half. I really don't want to screw up my endo results, but i have this annual thing on the 25th.. its 4 of my friends bday (weird, i know) and we always get together and smoke a ton (i would only smoke a little this year). Anyway, please dont respond telling me smoking is bad etc, i want to know if anyone knows scientifically if smoking 3 days before and given that i havnt smoked in a while - would it make the results innacurate. Thanks!

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
marijuana stays in your system for up to a month, im not sure if that would screw up the test results or not but i would just not smoke until after the test just to be safe..

Offline metsn2005

• Bronze Member
marijuana stays in your system for up to a month, im not sure if that would screw up the test results or not but i would just not smoke until after the test just to be safe..

I think it only stays in your system up to a month if your a heavy smoker. This would be just a little after not smoking basically once in 3 months.

Offline target3

• Posting Member
Great to see you have your priorities sorted out..  ::)

Offline metsn2005

• Bronze Member
Great to see you have your priorities sorted out..  ::)

i know it sounds awful, and i probably won't smoke, but its just something ive done for 4 years and a lot of my friends will be in college next year...

@ target -I tried to make it clear in the initial post that i wanted to know if anyone knows the science of it. So go ahead and tell me im stupid, i don't care, i just wanted an answer.

Offline rcbrown23

Hmmm...I don't really know the science of it, but I have an opinion. I'm thinking that even if you only smoke once in a while (like myself), it's going to stay in your system for at least 3 days. I'm not sure if it would effect anything, probably not, but there is always the chance. If it did effect the results, it would probably be in a very small way.

I would recommend that you wait it out, just in case. Or you could reschedule for a week later or something :-/. I'm sure the endo could do that if this is important to you.

If it comes down to it and you couldn't help it and smoked, drink a gallon of water a day for the next 3 days and get plenty of excersize, you'd be fine.

Just my 2 cents...
                                            -Brown

"target", I don't think his priorities are much of your business. If you don't have anything nice to say...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Marujuana has been linked to higher than normal levels of Estrogen.  Meaning that it may be part of the reason why you have gynecomastia.  Also, using it within a few days of your Endo visit could very definately mess up your Hormone levels.

The active ingredient in Marijuana is an oil and it binds to fat in the body.  It is not water soluable.  The fat is where testosterone is aromatized into estrogen. This explains why it stays in the body so long, how it is capable of raising the estrogen level, and why you could drink enough water to float a ship without changing the amount in your system significantly.

Your doctor must have a completely accurate Health History in order to do you the most good.  Be honest with the Doctor and don't be tempted to leave that out.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 07:56:54 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline metsN3005

Any update, metsn2005?

Offline outertrial

Marujuana has been linked to higher than normal levels of Estrogen.  Meaning that it may be part of the reason why you have gynecomastia.  Also, using it within a few days of your Endo visit could very definately mess up your Hormone levels.

The active ingredient in Marijuana is an oil and it binds to fat in the body.  It is not water soluable.  The fat is where testosterone is aromatized into estrogen. This explains why it stays in the body so long, how it is capable of raising the estrogen level, and why you could drink enough water to float a ship without changing the amount in your system significantly.

Your doctor must have a completely accurate Health History in order to do you the most good.  Be honest with the Doctor and don't be tempted to leave that out.

Good grief is that true?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024