Author Topic: Gyno surgery..cost ridiculous...any recommendations for Northeast??  (Read 1292 times)

Offline RoyLee

We took our 13 year old son to see a surgeon about getting his gyno taken care of. After the consult he said he could do the surgery which would require a combination of lipo and some gland removal. We got a quote in the mail from him today stating it would be 25-30k and thats before an the cost of an anesthesiologist was even factored in. That seems like an absurd amount. My wife had a hysterectomy that required hospitalization that cost less than that. I had lipo done myself for gyno, granted it was 20 years ago, but I paid around 2,000. I have no idea on earth how they come up with 25-30k. Does gland removal add that much more to it? I didn't ask for the cost of just lipo, as doctor indicated he'd need both. I certainly cannot afford this, yet we got my son's hopes up that we would be able to help him as he struggles with it. I wasn't expecting anywhere near this or I would not have bothered. Insurance isn't going to pay for it of course. I am thinking of looking elsewhere, but up here in Maine there are not a lot of choices. I'd be willing to travel within New England if anyone could recommend a good surgeon and approximately what he would cost. Frustrated and feeling bad for my son. 

Offline SmokeyNYY

• Bronze Member
No way should it cost that much. I had a severe case and got it done by a top gyne surgeon and it cost me 12k USD which is a lot for gyne surgery.

Offline Geoff88

• Posting Member
Presumably you are in the USA, it should cost 3-6k depending on the doctor, if they are an experienced gyne surgeon.  Search around and contact some of the doctors on this forum such as Dr Jacobs.  They will be much more affordable even if you need to travel, and will also be much more experienced.

Consider local anesthetic, it would be fine.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024