Author Topic: Surgery: Post-op some help  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Burn0902

I had my surgery on the 20th. Just basic excision with no lipo.

After the operation, right side looks very good. Almost no swelling or fluid buildup. No bruising, everything looks fine.

However, on my left side, I have experienced some significant fluid build-up. The whole side appears bruised. I understand that this is often normal but I have a few concerns: (I don't see my Dr. until Tuesday so I would need to know if this is an actual problem)

1) The fluid coming out of the left side isn't actually leaving through the drain (at least almost none is). It seems to be leaving through the side of it, almost like the incision is partially open. There is no pain (the area is sore, so maybe that is why) but that doesn't seem very standard.

2) The small amount of fluid out of my right side has been very light colored. However, the fluid out of my left is dark red and appears to be pure blood. Basically, the left side doesn't look like a "fluid" but looks like blood. Can this just be a difference in fluid or would it be something more serious?

I'm a little nervous since the right side looks great but the whole dark red massive fluid in the left is a bit scary.

Thanks for the help.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
hey where di du get ur surgery. who was the doc? im planin to go for someone willing to do excision. ur help wud be appreciated.

thx bro
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
I wouldn't be able to tell you what's what, but I would advise you to call your PS and ask him/her about this.  If you can't get a hold of your PS, and it is still persisting and it bothers you, maybe go see you GP?

Offline Burn0902

Well I guess here is my question, for those that had drains, was the fluid that came out pure blood? Like the type of dark blood you would expect from a gunshot wound?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024