Author Topic: Recovery Question  (Read 4184 times)

Offline jackb

I'm about a month into my recovery after surgery.  So far so good--the overall shape is great--but when I take off my compression vest, I see and feel a lot of bumps and indentations in my chest.  For those of you that are further into recovery than I am, did you have a similar experience?  My doc says it's normal, but that's what they always say!  Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I appreciate it.

DrBermant

I'm about a month into my recovery after surgery.  So far so good--the overall shape is great--but when I take off my compression vest, I see and feel a lot of bumps and indentations in my chest.  For those of you that are further into recovery than I am, did you have a similar experience?  My doc says it's normal, but that's what they always say!  Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I appreciate it.

Healing after surgery depends on the problem to be treated, surgical technique, skill of your surgeon, how you heal, and other factors.  I prefer a good contour at the time of surgery when possible, however, for certain problems, tissue can take time to equilibrate.  One such example is during massive breast reductions.

Lumps and bumps can be part of the normal healing process.  Just as with any cut, tissues start out firm in their initial healing.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024