Author Topic: GYNECOMASTIA TREATMENT IN NEW ZEALAND  (Read 9934 times)

logocentrism

Hi Guys,
I'm 28 years old, 80 kgs, 10-11 per cent body fat. I work in medicine in NZ and have gyne. I had booked in with a surgeon years ago but felt that he was only going to do lipo, and mine is entirely gland and he kind of ignored me.

I work out, and swim and managed to do modelling catwalk and photographic while having gyne, and noone really noticed but last year I was living in France and just got sick of the ups and downs. Because I'm quite slightly built and can't put on fat but easily put on muscle, my perception of gyne goes up and down. I've lost a bit of bulk at the moment and its much more noticeable. Some weight is just too heavy to carry. 

I went to my doctor about it, explained I've had it since adolescence but that I'm now sick of it and she referred to outpatient's plastic surgery at my local hospital and they are seeing me on Friday to organise the surgery. It is free. I'm having my consult and will post details.

I am writing a feature on this whole scenario, on treatment of patients by doctors - next year I resume medical training for three years to qualify as a doctor. You can be sure I'm not going to ignore the questions of men, young and old regarding their health and happiness.

I'll post pics shortly.

David

Offline bozo

• Posting Member
I went to a public hospital in NZ and they were going to do the operation for me (free - public, obviously), but I got bumped off the waiting list.

Kind of sucks, but there are people on waiting lists with more urgent needs than me.

Offline Tommo

• Posting Member
Hey David,

I also, live in NZ and would be really interested in hearing how this works out for you.  If you could update us post operation that would be awesome.

Good luck!

Offline dt_x

• Posting Member
Hey mate,

I have had the operation, and so far so good. My surgeon is Zach Moaveni, he won loads of awards and is basically awesome. NZ has far more rigorous standards for surgeons than most countries including the US (I work in medicine and research this stuff) and you shouldn't be too worried. If you want to talk about it more you can email me...

Offline Tommo

• Posting Member
Hey David,

Cheers for the info, did you have to pay for the surgery?  I've heard that the public health system covers this in nz?

Offline pillars_of_meryc

Hi David,

I live in the Waikato, Hamilton to be specific, and just came from my doctor who said if i didnt have private insurance, then it cant be done for free.

I am 24, and have suffered from this since the age of 13/14. It is not FUN at all. In fact when i was at intermediate/college, i got my dad to always write me notes to excuse me from swimming! Its that lame and am keen to do something about it at least.

Is there a direct contact to someone? Email, phone? My doc seemed like she was barely interested in helping!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024