Author Topic: new member  (Read 2068 times)

Offline bigdawg1

• Posting Member
I have been following this forum for quite some time and have finally decided to post.  I am a 41 year old former steroid user who was suffering from gyno.  I had surgery on monday(6-6) of this week.  I wont give the surgeons name until I decide how it turns out.  So far so good though.  Pain was minimal, i didnt take any pain medication.  Was only sore for the first two days.  Doc says to wear the compression vest for two weeks.  I have read on here that some guys are wearing them for months.  I feel like I can go without it now.  It really is more bothersome than anything.  Will taking it off early be a problem?  Ill post some before and after pics once I figure out how to do it.  From what I can tell, my chest looks pretty good now.  A little bruising and only a little swelling.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
Follow the doctors orders exactly. If he says wear the vest 2 weeks, wear it 2 weeks. If he says stand on one toe and pat your head while massaging the scar- do it.

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your surgery.

Offline Pooz

• Silver Member
I was told to wear mine for 3 weeks and then only nightly afterwards.

Offline bigdawg1

• Posting Member
thanks,  of course I'll do as he says.  was just wondering why some had to wear it longer than others.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Every surgeon has his own methods for surgery and post op care -- all based on his training and experience.  There is no absolute right or wrong answer.  Best advice, though, is to follow your own surgeon's advice to the letter.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline bigdawg1

• Posting Member
thanks doc, will do