Author Topic: levick patient  (Read 4938 times)

Offline skelly26259

• Posting Member
Hello lads, this Christmas I will be one year post opp.  Iam pleased with my results but I still seem to have some scar tissue around my chest that I can't get rid of.  I know levick has retired now and I was wondering if this new surgeon would charge me for aftercare?  Like if I needed revision would I be charged ?  Has anyone had any luck with the steroid shots for scar tissue?

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
Hi  sorry to hear about your scar tissue probs. kenalog can help break it down if its still present after a year. I emailed mr levick about 4weeks ago just seeking reassurance really, only to be told he can no longer even give out clinical advice! Mr vik vijh has taken over mr levicks patients. Has anyone on here contacted mr vijh after being operated on by mr levick? If so what is the email address? I am 3mths post op and my chest is a bit of mess on one side. 

Offline CRAIG9

Hi im 14 months post op and have suffered a lot of scar tissue and creasing .Ive had two lots of steroid injections which has helped a lot i still have creasing and scar tissue in my right hand side. To have the steroid injection with levicks replacement will cost £120 but i cant get in for another 7 weeks so im going to try and find somewhere else that does it . Hope this helps.

Offline qazwsxedcrfvtgb

• Posting Member
I'm two years post op. I contacted Levick and he said to contact Vik. Booked an appointment with Vik who said any further treatment will make things worse, but I was under the impression all aftercare was covered. Anyway my left side scar is finally softening after having kenalog 1 year ago in that side. Right side was already soft and took a few months to dissapate

Offline chris90

• Posting Member
I heard about people having scar tissue and skin creasing problems when I had my surgery , but I was advised to get a compression garment to help with the healing process. I got one from macom medical. it help me after my surgery and got inserts to help with creasing 

Offline j86ui

• Posting Member
Hey Skelly, I had my op a few weeks before you if I remember correctly and saw Levick around the 8 month mark. He advised I could come back a few months later if I was still unhappy for a kenalog but did not mention paying, I also was under the impression after care was included in the price (which I am incidentally still paying off).

I doesn't seem fair that those who received treatment in the last 12 months are left having to pay additional costs to complete their treatment whilst everyone else got the aftercare free.
I think I will drop his clinic an email and find out what the deal is as I am not happy with my left hand side and do not consider my treatment complete.

Offline paul786

• Posting Member
They don't have to pay????
The deal with Levick is still standing Levick and Vijh told me this
I seen them both together in a few months ago.
Mr Levick wrote to my GP and talked to him on the phone and my GP is giving me the injections to save me going to Birmingham.

Offline j86ui

• Posting Member
I spoke to Dr Vijh secretary today and you do have to pay, I explained I am a Levick post op patient and that he had explained to me that Dr Vijh would be continuing care of his patients.
Long and short of it is that it's £180 for a consultation, £200 for any steroid shot.

Whereas before Levick retired, his patients were given aftercare as part of the price, which incidentally was cheaper than the amount I had to pay as he upped the price towards the end.
I also saw Levick before Christmas and he assured me that all aftercare was covered but apparently it isn't.

Offline Stan19

• Bronze Member
I was also assured the same by Mr Levick regarding aftercare. At 9 months post op now and my results are just not acceptable. Creasing and crater issues. It seems us that had surgery just prior to his retirement were lied to regarding aftercare. 

Offline paul786

• Posting Member
I spoke to Dr Vijh secretary today and you do have to pay, I explained I am a Levick post op patient and that he had explained to me that Dr Vijh would be continuing care of his patients.
Long and short of it is that it's £180 for a consultation, £200 for any steroid shot.

Whereas before Levick retired, his patients were given aftercare as part of the price, which incidentally was cheaper than the amount I had to pay as he upped the price towards the end.
I also saw Levick before Christmas and he assured me that all aftercare was covered but apparently it isn't.

I have seen Vik for free after levick retired but it does seem either couldn't care less

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
I've come on here for the first time in maybe a year (I'm two years post op with Mr Levick and still have some scar tissue).
I was kind of hoping to find a 'Mr Levick returns!' post so I could go and see him for the free aftercare and injections he provided if necessary. He even used to do further 'minor liposuction' completely free for those who needed it.
This was one of my fears with going with Mr Levick, knowing his age etc was that if he retires then what happens. And thats exactly whats happened.
I did ask Mr Levick at the final appointment whether the aftercare would continue for free with his successor. He said, 'I've requested with him...I certainly hope so'. 
Clearly, this new guy Mr Vijh is all about money. He's inherited a great clinic and reputation in taking over Mr Levick's clinic and if he had any sense he'd know half of Mr Levick's success was in the way he treated his patients and maintained his good reputation, and he would have offered Mr Levick's patients free aftercare. Within a couple of years there wouldnt be any left.

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
I spoke to Dr Vijh secretary today and you do have to pay, I explained I am a Levick post op patient and that he had explained to me that Dr Vijh would be continuing care of his patients.

What an absolute rip off. 

£180 for a consultation that lasts what 10-15minutes?

Yes doctors get paid a lot, but medical and surgical consultants working in hospitals receive at most £100 for a full hour not a 5 minute post op check up.

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
My first post here in a good few years. I had my surgery with Levick in December 2012. Was all good but felt the left hand side of my chest was still abit fuller than the right side. A year after I went back and had abit of lipo for some stubborn fat and a year after that had a steroid injection. All this was included in the aftercare and I didn't pay a penny. Levick was the most caring and understand professional I have ever met and I could never say a bad word about the man.

I met vik who took over his surgery, to get some advice on how well the steroid had worked and I just was not impressed with his attitude or demeanour and I certainly got the impression any extra work would be at my cost and a very high cost at that.
Gyno free :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024