Author Topic: Dr. says there's nothing more he do for me...  (Read 3107 times)

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
I went for my 6 month post-op appointment today and told the dr. I was uphappy with how my chest still sags on the side and in front. He said this was mostly all loose skin and there's nothing more he can do. When I lift my arms my chest is completely flat, but I guess because my condition was pretty bad the skin is so stretched. It still look awful though there's a role of skin under my arms and it still looks as though I have breasts.

There's absolutely no contour on the side of my chest either is just sags. He says due to the way I scar trying to cut the loose skin out will leave huge scars so I have to live with it.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there anything that can be done?  :'(

Offline Drastic99

• Posting Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Get a second opinion dewd...  I'm sure there are many PS's who would like to earn a few bux by cutting away some unwanted skin.

As for scars.... well that should be your decision and not that of the PS!

John.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 04:05:49 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
I'm definitely going to get a second opinion, and the surgeon said he would try to do more lipo or tighten the skin if I insisted but really advised against it. He showed me some pics of patients with my skin type and the scars looked pretty bad. Deep lines right across the chest from where the skin was pulled up.

Offline wasatchm

• Bronze Member
are there any creams out there that will help tighten the skin?  I wouldn't be surprised if there was.  I seen an infomercial on TV the other night for a cream that will tighten skin on face and help get rid of wrinkles. wonder if it would do any good applying to the chest.

I have major gyne on one side and fear that I will have lots of excess skin (however, I still think I will look a lot better than I do now) .  I've had a few PS's say I will most likely have excess skin and a few others say there is no way to know til after the surgery and time has passed.  several plastic surgeons have told me that I have good size pectoral muscles so I think there is a chance I could have a masculine looking chest if the skin will tighten enough.  I'm just really glad I only have major gyne one breast  (if I had it bad on both sides I may be suidical).  an excision scar on one breast won't look nearly as bad as if I had excision scars on both breasts.   If I do have skin excision I hope I have a hairy enough chest to cover up some or all of the scar.

http://www.geocities.com/bray19702004/frontviewpic4

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
a quick google search revealed a couple of creams, but does anyone know if this will really work? I have a considerable amount of excess skin so I'm pretty skeptical that this will help alleviate the problem.

http://www.skinenergizer.com/body.htm

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024