Author Topic: Excision w/out lipo?????  (Read 2227 times)

Offline 37ntired

• Posting Member
I am not sure I want any liposuction.  I have gyne only on one side and I think that if I ONLY have the gland removed then the fat will be equal on both sides of my chest.   I am 5'7" tall and 170 lbs so I am about 20 lbs over weight.  Not too bad but I am about 22% body fat.

Has anyone heard of excision WITHOUT liposuction?  Would the fat slowly fill in the gap or hole that is open from the missing gland?

I am really trying to get the guts to have surgery and all of your folks input is really helping me!!!!

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I would rather let the PS make the call once he/she is doing the operation.  Nobody can really know for sure how much if any lipo is needed until the surgery is underway.  I would not want to limit the options of the surgeon in that way.  My vote would be to choose a surgeon you trust to do the right thing, and then let him/her make the call as to which tool(s) to use ;).
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Yeah, Mr. Nip has got the right idea here.  You never know what you really got until the surgeon takes a look.

Offline 37ntired

• Posting Member
I think I wanted to avoid doing anything to the left side.  My left side looks normal so is there any reason a doc would recommend lipo simply to create aesthetic balance? 

I am in Anchorage Alaska and there is no Plastic Surgeon here.

I think I should get the guts to take some pics to show you what I got so you can gauge my problem.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Sure, it's possible that lipo could be a tool for sculpting the surgery side to look more balanced with the normal side.  I woudn't think that a PS would tamper with the normal side at all because there would be nothing to gain by changing anything.  The gyne side would be the side that's changed to look as much as possible like the normal side.  In fact, if your PS wanted to operate on your normal side then I would be getting a second opinion if I were you. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024