Author Topic: SMALL gyno - removed with JUST liposuction?  (Read 12327 times)

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
I work for a great dermatologist who is also a plastic surgeon.
Due to our relationship, I can get GYNO removed for FREE (excluding things like the vest and maybe extra tools).

Now, here is my problem:

I am 19, 175lbs, 6'2, about 14% body fat (a few lbs away from a 6-pack body).  I have minor gyno but it bothers me.  My left gland is about size of a quarter, maybe 2-3mm height and its a bit uneven, and feels like there is a hole on the inside.  The right side seems even smaller than that.  Both glands feel a bit broken...

Both glands are attached to the MUSCLE (pecs) and not the nipples.

My nipples are PUFFY.

I want a lean masculine chest very much.

My doctor will FIRST consult another plastic surgeon and most likely have him supervise the surgery.

However, my doctor thinks that:
1.  Get liposuction done.  He BELIEVES he can BREAK the gland into little pieces and suck it out because its so small.  He said he could use the ultra-sound liposuction, but he is afraid of leaving burned tissue.  He wants best aesthetic results.  

2.  If liposuction does not remove the gland, then DURING the surgery or afterwards he will have the excision done.

Reasons to doing lipo before excision:  smaller scar, and if it has to be coupled with excision - the overall result is better.

Is there anyone who is knowledgeable enough to tell me whether its possible to break the gland that small with liposuction and get it all out?  Or does he HAVE to perform an excision to get rid of the gland?

ANOTHER THING:  I am going to do this under LOCAL anaesthesia.  Is it handleable?  I can resist pain pretty well but he said it may feel wierd.

Do I feel good about him doing this?  Yes, because I have seen his works (ALL of them, NOT just successful ones!) and they are amazing.  However, I am not sure about lipo being able to suck the gland out in broken pieces...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 10:25:18 AM by MonarchX »

Offline Gilbert

• Posting Member
most small gyno is removed by lipo, nothing else, ultrasonically or otherwise.  thats how mine are going to be removed in a couple of weeks.  As far as the anesthesia.  Lipo is supposed top be pretty painful.  At least after the surgery.  But you are saving 4k so maybe you should just try it.

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
Do you have an actual gland in there as well that is not big?  Did your surgeon say that the gland can be sucked out since its smaller?

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
lipo is not the best technique for removing gland. Tho if u can get good results without excision so might as well try and see since its FREE! It will be pretty painful under local I would think.
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
Ha!  Nice to meet a brotha from USC ;D.

I also think its not the best way, but the doctor said that one way or another, since my gland is attached to the muscle, not the nipple, he would have to suck the fat out and then it would be easier for him if anything has to be removed.  Its just he thinks it should not excised immediately after but rather a few months later (maybe without the fat and with some remains of the gland it will be good enough).

Its not a health problem, so I guess its worth it since its a few months is worth it?

Offline cantchooseaname

• Posting Member
My problem sounds exactly like yours.  I had just liposuction and it had definately improved however the right side just needs a little more.  I had local anesthesia only.  My chest was completely numb and I never felt a dang things.  So, I definately think its worth it and you should give it a try.

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
My problem sounds exactly like yours.  I had just liposuction and it had definately improved however the right side just needs a little more.  I had local anesthesia only.  My chest was completely numb and I never felt a dang things.  So, I definately think its worth it and you should give it a try.

But did lipo remove at least some parts of the gland or not?

Gosh I wish some experienced doctor would answer this question about lipo and ultra-lipo.

Offline cantchooseaname

• Posting Member
My problem was mainly glandular, im very thin and hardly have any fat on me.  My nipples are definately a lot flatter and not puffy like before.  So yes, I do believe the gland was removed through the lipo.  My surgeon is a great surgeon and good family friend, so I completely trusted his judgement that lipo alone can remove gland.  He said he was VERY aggressive and broke a lot of the gland up so it can be sucked out.  Hope this helps!

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
My problem was mainly glandular, im very thin and hardly have any fat on me.  My nipples are definately a lot flatter and not puffy like before.  So yes, I do believe the gland was removed through the lipo.  My surgeon is a great surgeon and good family friend, so I completely trusted his judgement that lipo alone can remove gland.  He said he was VERY aggressive and broke a lot of the gland up so it can be sucked out.  Hope this helps!

Awesome!  Well, at least I know it can be done for people like us.  Do you have any recent pics or before/after pics?

I understand that your gland was attached to the muscle and not the nipple, correct?  Thats how my glands are.  
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 10:25:52 AM by MonarchX »

Offline cantchooseaname

• Posting Member
This is what mine looked like before and is now nearly flat.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/cantchooseaname8/Picture.jpg

Not sure what the gland was attatched to; however, I have hard gland from under my nipples down to my muscle.  Hope this helps

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
This is what mine looked like before and is now nearly flat.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/cantchooseaname8/Picture.jpg

Not sure what the gland was attatched to; however, I have hard gland from under my nipples down to my muscle.  Hope this helps

Oh, its nearly 100% identical to mine, man!

So, you said the right side needs a little more.  Are you going to get it done again or is it now good enough?

Offline cantchooseaname

• Posting Member
My surgeon is a good family friend and he said he is more than happy to operate on me again.  So im gonna wait till 5 months (2 more months) when everything is definately all healed and have him take a little more out.  Just make sure that your surgeon is very aggressive toward the glands and is positive that he can break them up.  There are a lot of people who have gotten just lipo and are very unsatisfied, but for others it works.  Best of luck to you!

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
My surgeon is a good family friend and he said he is more than happy to operate on me again.  So im gonna wait till 5 months (2 more months) when everything is definately all healed and have him take a little more out.  Just make sure that your surgeon is very aggressive toward the glands and is positive that he can break them up.  There are a lot of people who have gotten just lipo and are very unsatisfied, but for others it works.  Best of luck to you!

Awesome.  Same situation here.  Sorry for bother again, but did you have to wear one of those vests or just some bandages?  Also, how long approximately did the surgery last?

Offline cantchooseaname

• Posting Member
I wore a vest for about 3 weeks.  Im not too sure how long the surgery lasted.  They gave me some valium, so I was VERY relaxed and actually didnt remember much of surgery. I would say that the procedure alone took about 45 min to an hour.  And your questions are not a bother at all.  Im glad I can help you out since I was in the exact same position as you are.

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
I had lipo only and it didn't hurt during the procedure at all.  (It did hurt afterwards)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024