Author Topic: this board  (Read 3615 times)

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
just wanted to thank everyone on this board for (unknowingly) giving me the courage to go ahead and call dr fielding for an appointment. hopefully within a month and a half ill be on the operating table

would it be feasible for me to undergo this procedure without telling anyone? like, could i just take a taxi from the hospital to a nearby hotel and spend the night there then drive home the next day? bearing in mind i live with my family (parents, siblings), would it be hard within the first few days after surgery to hide it from them?

also, how long until i would be able to return to work? i literally sit in front of a desk, and if i have to, can remain immobile all day long.

again, thanks everyone for all the wonderful information i have found here.

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
ur welcome on behalf of myself ;D

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
the Canada boards are like a ghost town these past few days.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
just wanted to thank everyone on this board for (unknowingly) giving me the courage to go ahead and call dr fielding for an appointment. hopefully within a month and a half ill be on the operating table.

UR welcome!

would it be feasible for me to undergo this procedure without telling anyone? like, could i just take a taxi from the hospital to a nearby hotel and spend the night there then drive home the next day? bearing in mind i live with my family (parents, siblings), would it be hard within the first few days after surgery to hide it from them?

The pre-op instruction sheet that Leslie at JCF's office gave me said: 'DO NOT drive yourself to the hospital.  Arrange for a responsible person to drive you home or accompany you in a taxi. You may NOT use any other means of transportation.'

Yeah, it would be kinda tough to hide it from your family. You will be all bandaged up and very sore. You're gonna have to tell them. Sorry there Dude!

also, how long until i would be able to return to work? i literally sit in front of a desk, and if i have to, can remain immobile all day long.

Having a desk job, you could probably return to work after a few days post-op.

again, thanks everyone for all the wonderful information i have found here.

UR welcome! ;)

John...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 05:50:23 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
Ya its pretty impossible to hide that... its a major pain in the ass.. I think they ll find out sooner or later

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
thanks for the replies guys

would it really be that hard to hide?

my plan is, say the surgery is wednesday, i would spend a few nights in the sheraton (say till friday-saturday), and then go home sunday.

i can just avoid everyone sunday... the monday-friday i am at work 9-5, and get home around 6.. and can just hide in my room and say im tired... worst case i can just say im sore from the gym

why is it so impossible to hide? what are some specific things i would have problems with?

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
i think u can hide it, i kind of did...movement is limited for the first week..so don't move too much...sit around watch tv, surf the internet, sleep..don't try to move fridges or move all the furniture that week and u'll be ok...

Offline rancho

• Posting Member
this post really weirded my out...
because I thought I wrote it. I guess my post never went though. It was SO similar to what I wrote it scared me. Only thing is I don't live with a sibling so I was like "why did I write that?"

anyways, yeah - I would love more feedback on this.

I'm actually housesitting - THANK GOD so i'm trying to set it up during that period. Have the op on Wednesday and be back to work on Monday.  Someone is saying 'no chance' and someone is saying 'it's easy'. Please - more opinions. I'm even trying to hide it from my girlfriend who's going away for a month.

Also, with the pads you have to wear, is that only at night? being the summer will be it TOTALLY noticeable if I have to wear them during the day?

What's teh dif between the consulation and the pre-op meeting?

I think that's all teh questions I have.
Thanks to EVERYONE who writes here.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Also, with the pads you have to wear, is that only at night? being the summer will be it TOTALLY noticeable if I have to wear them during the day?

JCF says to wear the tensor and pads day and night. I took my pads and tensor off at day 2 PO. Put a tensor back on at day 6 PO. Bought an Ab Binder ( easier to put on and take off ) for compression instead of the tensor wrap and wore that on and off for next two weeks..

Yes, if you were to wear the tensor 'and' foam pads, it would be 'noticeable' in the summer with just a t-shirt.

What's teh dif between the consulation and the pre-op meeting?

The 'Consultation' is where the PS examines you and tells you all about Gynecomastia.
The 'Pre-Op meeting' is when you pay for the Lipo portion of your surgery ( if you are having Lipo ). They will also give you a pre-surgery instruction sheet.

John.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

thanks for the replies guys

would it really be that hard to hide?

my plan is, say the surgery is wednesday, i would spend a few nights in the sheraton (say till friday-saturday), and then go home sunday.

i can just avoid everyone sunday... the monday-friday i am at work 9-5, and get home around 6.. and can just hide in my room and say im tired... worst case i can just say im sore from the gym

why is it so impossible to hide? what are some specific things i would have problems with?

Yeah, I guess if you were to say that you hurt yourself at the gym, that would work.

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024