Author Topic: N.H.S. success!  (Read 7088 times)

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
yep awesom results mate fair play!! good to see the nhs getting results

Offline BullsEye

• Posting Member
thedomino, fantastic results mate!

Offline dave2009

• Bronze Member
Thanks so much for posting that.

I am 1 day post op and am so pleased with my result so far. Just to have a flat chest is awesome.

As the guys on this site were so helpful to me and was crucial in making an informed decision to go ahead, I'll post all my pics and the process when I'm up to it as still feeling a little groggy from the anasthetic, no problems with pain, just discomfort really.

Just wanted to ask, with your compression top, how tight is it as my hospital didn't give me anything, they have been fantastic throughout though. I have one from M and S! and seems to be ok but is tight. As my nipples are still covered in dressings I don't want to add too much pressure in case it indents them.

Thanks again all.

Hey all,

I had my operation 3 days ago on wednesday at Russells Hall hospital in the West Midlands under the surgeon 'Mr Mohan'.
He was brilliant and the whole process was sublime.
Having read a lot of bad things about the NHS on here I was somewhat worried, but I was in the safest hands.
A lot of the negative things said about the NHS seem to be from lipo. Which may still be true, Mr Mohan decided however that lipo would be ineffective and instead removed the glandular tissue with no lipo at all. It was a huge success.
Im flat as a pancake and no puffy nipples anymore! couldnt be happier.

I was in hospital from tuesday night (to make sure i got a bed for wed) until friday morning. Operation happened on wednesday morning, I was first of the day. I was a bit apprehensive about the anaesthetic, being a bit of a wuss! But it was all fine. They put drains in both sides and put me back in my room. That was weirdd, having to walk around holding bottles filling with your own blood  :-\ (dont worry it doesnt just pour out) only a few drips came out. So i was told that on thurs morning I could have them out and go home!
On thursday morning I had the drains out at mr Mohans approval. Everything seemed to be going fine, however i strained myself being stupid lifting my arms quite high to stupidly try put a tshirt on. I think i pulled the scab on the drain hole and all hell let loose for a bit. my bed was covered in blood. The nurses were brilliant though and chilled me out and patched me up. pressure did the job. Unfortunately my stupidity meant that the right side started to swell. Mr mohan said though that it was just fluid that would subside under compression, buhttp://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?action=post;board=20.0t kept me in for observation another night. The swelling went down overnight. So i was discharged yday morning.
I was wearing the 'tube bandage' that the NHS provided, however I have now bought a proper post gyno compression vest which is phenominal! I got mine from 'MaCom' and paid the extra to have it delivered next day and ive put it on today. Its so comfortable and extremely supportive/compressed. at £45 it wasnt cheap, but SO worth it. I promise you.

http://www.macom-medical.com/products-84-male_compression_vest.html

(btw I know they cant spell gynocomastia which worried me lol, but its the same post op vest that you can find on most websites. Its really good)

I want to emphasise how good the NHS were for me. I would hugely recommend Mr Mohan who I believe does both NHS and private work. Him and his team were amazing as well as all the nurses who were brilliant. I was even lucky enough to have my own room with ensuite too as opposed to being in a shared ward. To quell another myth, hospital food is actually brilliant, I was proper impressed.

In a week im having the dressings off and i'll take some pics for you. Ive got some pre op pics that i'll put up with them too. Ive even got some pics of the drains in...lovely.

Any questions, please ask. Ive long sponged of the advice of people on this forum, so Im happy to give as much back as possible.

TD

Offline thedomino

• Posting Member
cheers guys!

Im now 4 weeks post op, will take some more pics soon.

Just had a scary moment though...I just exercised pretty aggressively for the first time since the op (sprint training) and when I finished I nearly passed out. I've realised that the swelling that I had has turned into liquid which i think is why i nearly passed out. However....this means that the blood can be absorbed back into me! so the swelling should go down. brilliant. So if you want to reduce your swelling, run until you think you're going to die... (please dont do this really)

TD

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024