Author Topic: Seeking advice on next step.  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Advent

• Posting Member
Hello all, nice to meet you.  I just got done reading stories and just looking over this site, i've been at it for a few hours.  I have been a member here since 05 but never posted anything until right now. 

Last time i posted here, i was 16 years old, i weighed about 220 lbs and i was around 5"8 tall.
I suffer from gyno, i've had them for over seven years now, (20 yrs old now) and i have achieved a few good goals.  I have gone from 220 to an average 190 to 195.  I am about 6"1 tall now.  So basically i would say im about average, but still got a long ways to go on the dieting department.  I do know now, that i am ready for surgery.  I went on a strict diet of no soda or candy or chips no deep fried foods, more exercise and more water consumption and i was pretty happy with my results as was everyone around me, some people didn't even recognize me.  Anyway i searched this site, and i really want to know where i should start.  I understand i'm going to have to get blood tests and such. which i am fine with.  I just want to get to know how much money i should save in order to start talking with plastic surgeons, and which one is best for me.  I've heard it ranges in price, but i heard it can cost up to 10,000..? that sounds pretty un-realistic if you ask me.  I'm in the orange county area, and i'm sure there are tons of places to get this done at, but i've read a lot of horror stories to which patients were unhappy and suffered from permanent scars and breasts returning, due to surgeon being awful.  I am willing to pay the price for the surgery ie scars pains money etc etc i just want them not to be ridiculously noticeable, but i'd take a huge scar over breasts anyday, you could always make up a story about it. haha.  Anyway i would just like a head start, maybe someone here has been to a OC doctor and has had the procedure done and are happy with the end results and could give me some advice and what to expect on pricing and such. 
I really appreciate all of your stories and advice all of you have given others.  This website is great.  I don't know how i got this condition but i always went with the factor that it'd just go away like doctors and people told me but it didn't.  I just want to get rid of these so i can get my life started.  I know like many of you know, that i've lost out on a lot of memorable experiences.  I wish all the best to each and everyone of you all. 
Thanks for your future responses.
Rob

Offline Dr Kapoor

• Bronze Member
    • Dr. Kapoor, Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon
Rob,
It sounds like you are a good candidate based on your weight loss and your height and weight are now ideal. Given your age, you should have pretty good skin quality and so, i think you could achieve good to excellent results with liposuction and gland removal, with minimal scars. Although price range varies, I would say somewhere between 6500-$7500 would be reasonable, depending on the extent of gland removal and liposuction you need. Have you posted your pictures anywhere?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024