Author Topic: Revision Questions  (Read 2752 times)

soljah808

Hi, i got gyno surgery in december..my chest is pretty flat but my chest is still really saggy. My nipples are really low. is there any way for me to get them up on my own or do i ned to go back and get a mastopexy? How much do those cost?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
All plastic surgeons are capable of performing internal tissue tightening.  But really lax skin is really lax skin -- and sometimes the only way to lift a nipple to its proper position is to remove skin and accept the resultant scar.

Sorry, Giantfan, sometimes the scars (which ultimately fade with time), are a decent trade-off for a trim, properly proportioned chest.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Hi, i got gyno surgery in december..my chest is pretty flat but my chest is still really saggy. My nipples are really low. is there any way for me to get them up on my own or do i ned to go back and get a mastopexy? How much do those cost?
Low Nipples Just Look Weird on a Male Chest.  Skin only tightens so far when stretched as with After Major Weight Loss

Excess Skin of the Male Chest is a compromise. To remove the excess, you need an access point where the skin is removed.  I prefer short scar techniques as much as possible. 

A Short Scar Skin Reduction Chest Lift is a nice compromise that hides the scar in the fold of the pectoral muscle and around the areola.

The other alternative is No Surgery Body Shaping Garments. These will contour the body (only while wearing the garment).

Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery depends on the problem and can vary from surgeon to surgeon and around the world. Skin tightening and previous surgery scars can make the sculpture more difficult and therefore more expensive.  Jane is my office manager and can better discuss typical costs and fees with us.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Dr. Bermant does those internal chest lift operations.  You should check out his website.  He goes over all the different things you can do.

I would recommend against skin removal procedures.  My doctor told me the scarring his really bad, and then I went online and looked, and it is indeed very bad. 

Skin reduction is a good compromise for the patient with a great deal of sagging skin.  For a patient with normal skin elasticity, skin reduction is not normally needed during breast reduction surgery.  Elastic skin can really shrink quite well on its own and skin reduction scars then are normally not needed.  However if after weight loss or surgery the nipples are low and tissue hangs and bounces around, skin reduction can really improve the contour of the chest.  Too many patients have commented to me how their lives were changed and that the scars were a good trade off.

My Internal Male Mastopexy is the name of an operation I evolved that lifts the chest through a tiny incision without skin reduction.  There are major limits to this technique since the excess skin is left on the chest.  It works well limiting the scar size but the trade off is the loose skin remains behind that can only adjust so far.

All plastic surgeons are capable of performing internal tissue tightening.

Each surgeon has his / her own skills as demonstrated with the examples patients have posted on this forum.  My advice to others, check before and after surgery pictures of that specific problem and that surgeon's technique before making the assumption of that capability. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia of Male Chest Ptosis - Sagging and Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024