Author Topic: Swelling and such  (Read 2111 times)

Offline manwithnoname

• Bronze Member
I hope this is not a repeat post, but I have neverreadanything definitive on it.

Having read a lot of recent accounts, that have been veryinformative and helpful, I have one question abou what seems to be the inevitable swelling, once foam and tesnors are removed:

If you were ableto stand it, would wearing the tensors and underarmor shirts for a longer period of time, say six weeks, help minimize the effects of the swelling and improve the overall healing process?

Fromwhat I can tell when you guys are at that point you are dying to get out of the tensor, itchiness etc, but I am curious if dealing with the hassle would garner any benefit?

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
I checked that one with my doctor. And he told me that there is no point wearing tensor belt after 4 weeks. After 4 weeks, it's time for skin to be shrink. And wearing a tensor belt wouldn't help anything. But I am wearing my compression t's. I feel very comfortable with that. Yes, I still have swelling in my 5th week post op but it will be gone in one week, I hope. I don't have complete flat cheast yet but as skin will shrink and stuck to bones, will be a flat chest. It will take some time but eventually I will get my result, as my doctor says.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 04:07:19 PM by tata3401 »
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024