Author Topic: insurance coverage help  (Read 2124 times)

Offline axkiker

• Posting Member
So has anyone on here actually convienced their insurance to pay for the procedure.  I think its discrimination that they refuse to pay considering women can get break reduction surgery.   So any helpful tricks.  I just took a new job with another insurance carrier so im going to start in on getting them to pay.   any hints??/

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The best example was a couple of years ago. We heard from the mother of a young man who had to fight long and hard to get coverage for her son.

What ultimately worked was a well worded letter from a Psychologist which told how the Gynecomastia had impacted the young mans self esteem and interfered with his ability to socialize etc.

It is not easy, but it can sometimes be done.
Grandpa Dan

Offline MSJ108

If your gyne causes you physical pain you might have a chance with insurance help as well  ;)

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member
ya i got my insurance to cover it. my hospital and insurance carrier is the same company. I think physical pain might have hurt my chances if i said it because it may be a sign that the gyne is still growing. they diddnt want to do it if the gyne was still growing because it might just come back after the surgery/. but if you think it will work for you, try it
Surgery on 8/20/2008

Offline captklenk

• Posting Member
Anthem Blue Cross covered my excision only procedure. It was performed at INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital in the Wash D.C. suburbs.

PAIN + GLANDULAR TISSUE made me eligible under my policy.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024