Author Topic: my gyne  (Read 8759 times)

Offline Johndoe1

IMHO, a professional fitting for a newbie is pretty much a must. As a newbie there is so much that you just don't know because you have never been exposed to it. My first fitting was an eye opener and it only took 30 minutes to get 3 bras that fit and were comfortable and fit my shape. Can't recommend it enough.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

hammer

Go for a fitting, you won't regret it!

Offline ilikemytits

• Posting Member
First, just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their supportive comments.

I braved the women's clothing section and bought this ugly light sports bra. I have to say, the basic support it gives feels wonderful. I felt a bit lost wandering those isles, it's so different from the men's department and there are so many options, it was a bit overwhelming.
Really nice bra. You look good in it. I agree with others that your breasts look feminine. The clincher is if you can feel the milk ducts forming along the sides, projecting from the nipple. There are lots of pictures of breast structure that can help.

Guys with breasts have very different responses to them. I feel like one of a privileged group who gets to experience what is ubiquitous among women, knowing what it feels like to have breasts. I love it and love the look of mine.

Offline littleguy

• Posting Member
That bra looks like the same one I wore yesterday. If it is a back hook bra it is the same. I like it. Congratulations on your bra progress.

Offline Johndoe1

Hanes makes comfortable light support bras. I have two of their cotton underwire comfort bras, one black, one tan. They are very similar to the bra you are wearing in the picture, except they have underwires in the cups for more support with the lightweight cotton fabric. I bought them at Walmart when I was looking for a weekend leisure bra when I wanted to have support but didn't need the shaping. Plus the cotton fabric wicks moisture away from the skin in hot weather. Win! Win!

Offline rebcho

• Posting Member
First, just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their supportive comments.

I braved the women's clothing section and bought this ugly light sports bra. I have to say, the basic support it gives feels wonderful. I felt a bit lost wandering those isles, it's so different from the men's department and there are so many options, it was a bit overwhelming.
Really nice bra. You look good in it. I agree with others that your breasts look feminine. The clincher is if you can feel the milk ducts forming along the sides, projecting from the nipple. There are lots of pictures of breast structure that can help.

Guys with breasts have very different responses to them. I feel like one of a privileged group who gets to experience what is ubiquitous among women, knowing what it feels like to have breasts. I love it and love the look of mine.
I can feel ducts in the nipples and firm, sometimes tender surrounding structures that pull away with the nipple if I tug on it. I don't think I'm fully developed by any means though. I would guess in-between tanner 2 and 3. Mostly fat makes up the bulk. My right has been constantly sore lately, which I think means I'm still growing.  They don't bother me too much, just more self conscious about what others, particularly family see and think about it. I'm not sure how to tell them about my bra needs.

Offline rebcho

• Posting Member
Hanes makes comfortable light support bras. I have two of their cotton underwire comfort bras, one black, one tan. They are very similar to the bra you are wearing in the picture, except they have underwires in the cups for more support with the lightweight cotton fabric. I bought them at Walmart when I was looking for a weekend leisure bra when I wanted to have support but didn't need the shaping. Plus the cotton fabric wicks moisture away from the skin in hot weather. Win! Win!
I think I saw the ones you mention, I might go get one. so far though anything with a band and cup size has been a fail for me though. I'm doing fine with the old S M L XL XXL format stuff.

Offline rebcho

• Posting Member
That bra looks like the same one I wore yesterday. If it is a back hook bra it is the same. I like it. Congratulations on your bra progress.

Yup, this one has a back hook. It's very comfy. 

Offline SideSet

That bra looks good on you. And you clearly need to wear a bra. I am sure you feel better in a bra. Also sure your tops look better on you when are wearing your bra. 

Walmart will let you try on bras Without incident. 

A fitting will be a game changer for you 

Offline walt

• Gold Member
Hi I get my bras at wallmart as well, usually the JMS brand I do like them no hook just pullover, I just go to a checkout or the self check and usually buy panties when needed ,once a checkout girl asked if those were for me and I said yes she just smiled and said good for you, that was all.

Offline rebcho

• Posting Member
Hi folks,

I have what may be a silly question. What all counts as "breast"?  Standing up,  my breasts seem small and limited to only the glands that project the breast outward from the chest and are firm and dense but If I lean forward, they are significantly larger with the addition of fat or whatever tissue residing in sides and armpit areas. With "swooping and scooping", they fill C cups. but without, they do not come close. is the true size of my breasts the swooped and scooped size, or just the glands projecting without swoop/scoop? I'm very overweight so I'm not sure what all counts as "breast"and I don't have a lady friend to ask about it.

Maybe a professional fitting would answer these questions, but I haven't been able to make that leap yet.

On another note, I was embarrassed as I noticed one day that my sleeping/soft/bra was VERY noticeable under my t-shirt, even under an additional undershirt. nobody said anything to me, but I noticed and it was a bit of a shock to me.  I guess I should get over it, but it's put me off bras a bit. I'm using compression shirts, but are they uncomfortable. Guess I'm being silly about it.

Offline SideSet

It is all breast,  including your milk glands and fat. Your breasts are just like a woman’s. So you have C cup breasts,  which I have read is the modal size for women.  

You really would benefit from a fitting. I know it’s intimidating at first, but more than likely you’ll be made very comfortable and you’ll learn a lot.

I know your bra being visible can be unsettling, but think of it this way: everybody can already see you have breasts like a woman anyhow, so better they see you in a bra than braless.  Most women with your size breasts don’t go out braless as it is a provocative look, and generally not that comfortable because of all the jiggling. 

Offline rebcho

• Posting Member
It is all breast,  including your milk glands and fat. Your breasts are just like a woman’s. So you have C cup breasts,  which I have read is the modal size for women. 

You really would benefit from a fitting. I know it’s intimidating at first, but more than likely you’ll be made very comfortable and you’ll learn a lot.

I know your bra being visible can be unsettling, but think of it this way: everybody can already see you have breasts like a woman anyhow, so better they see you in a bra than braless.  Most women with your size breasts don’t go out braless as it is a provocative look, and generally not that comfortable because of all the jiggling.

Thank you again, SideSet.

Offline Johndoe1

Hi folks,

I have what may be a silly question. What all counts as "breast"?  Standing up,  my breasts seem small and limited to only the glands that project the breast outward from the chest and are firm and dense but If I lean forward, they are significantly larger with the addition of fat or whatever tissue residing in sides and armpit areas. With "swooping and scooping", they fill C cups. but without, they do not come close. is the true size of my breasts the swooped and scooped size, or just the glands projecting without swoop/scoop? I'm very overweight so I'm not sure what all counts as "breast"and I don't have a lady friend to ask about it.

This is Wikipedia's definition: Subcutaneous fat covers and envelops a network of ducts that converge on the nipple, and these tissues give the breast its size and shape. At the ends of the ducts are lobules, or clusters of alveoli, where milk is produced and stored in response to hormonal signals. Both females and males develop breasts from the same embryological tissues.

So fat is a large part of the breast. The breast can increase and decrease in size depending on the amount of fat that is stored in the breasts by estrogen and structures by genes and estrogen but the structures within the breast can increase in size but can't decrease in size except by surgery. That is why it is important to swoop and scoop all the tissue, fat and non fat tissue into the cup for best support, containment, comfort and appearance.

On another note, I was embarrassed as I noticed one day that my sleeping/soft/bra was VERY noticeable under my t-shirt, even under an additional undershirt. nobody said anything to me, but I noticed and it was a bit of a shock to me.  I guess I should get over it, but it's put me off bras a bit. I'm using compression shirts, but are they uncomfortable. Guess I'm being silly about it.
We are more sensitive to things like this that others never notice. What people don't know, they never see. And since men are not the normal bar wearer, people don't look for breasts or bras on a man so they never see what is in front of them. When I first started wearing underwire bras, I was positive it was noticeable to anyone who just looked at me. Of course, that wasn't true. That first day, no one even gave me a second look even though my breasts were now shaped, lifted and contained, not flabby and flopping. If the top you were wearing had patterns or other designs that would tend to confuse the eye, no one would have noticed it anyway. Camouflage is better than trying to hide, but nothing flashy that will draw attention. It's the "hiding in plain sight" mentality. Happens all the time and works well. I do it all the time.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 07:53:23 AM by Johndoe1 »

hammer

Hi folks,

I have what may be a silly question. What all counts as "breast"?  Standing up,  my breasts seem small and limited to only the glands that project the breast outward from the chest and are firm and dense but If I lean forward, they are significantly larger with the addition of fat or whatever tissue residing in sides and armpit areas. With "swooping and scooping", they fill C cups. but without, they do not come close. is the true size of my breasts the swooped and scooped size, or just the glands projecting without swoop/scoop? I'm very overweight so I'm not sure what all counts as "breast"and I don't have a lady friend to ask about it.

This is Wikipedia's definition: Subcutaneous fat envelops a network of ducts that converge on the nipple, and these tissues give the breast its size and shape. At the ends of the ducts are lobules, or clusters of alveoli, where milk is produced and stored in response to hormonal signals. Both females and males develop breasts from the same embryological tissues.

So fat is a large part of the breast. The breast can decrease in size depending on the amount of fat that is stored in the breasts by estrogen and structures by genes and estrogen but the structures within the breast can increase in size but can't decrease in size except by surgery. That is why it is important to swoop and scoop all the tissue, fat and non fat tissue into the cup for best support, containment, comfort and appearance.

We are more sensitive to things like this that others never notice. What people don't know, they never see. And since men are not the normal bar wearer, people don't look for breasts or bras on a man so they never see what is in front of them. When I first started wearing underwire bras, I was positive it was noticeable to anyone who just looked at me. Of course, that wasn't true. That first day, no one even gave me a second look even though my breasts were now shaped, lifted and contained, not flabby and flopping. If the top you were wearing had patterns or other designs that would tend to confuse the eye, no one would have noticed it anyway. Camouflage is better than trying to hide, but nothing flashy that will draw attention. It's the "hiding in plain sight" mentality. Happens all the time and works well. I do it all the time.
This is Wikipedia's definition: Subcutaneous fat envelops a network of ducts that converge on the nipple, and these tissues give the breast its size and shape. At the ends of the ducts are lobules, or clusters of alveoli, where milk is produced and stored in response to hormonal signals. Both females and males develop breasts from the same embryological tissues.

So fat is a large part of the breast. The breast can decrease in size depending on the amount of fat that is stored in the breasts by estrogen and structures by genes and estrogen but the structures within the breast can increase in size but can't decrease in size except by surgery. That is why it is important to swoop and scoop all the tissue, fat and non fat tissue into the cup for best support, containment, comfort and appearance.

Johndoe1,  this is a great explanation of why I said what I did about "true" gynecomastia! All male breast enlargement is "true" gynecomastia!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024