Author Topic: Post-op fat gain in other areas  (Read 3239 times)

Offline PSC0002

• Bronze Member
I saw something on the news the other day, and for the life of me I can't remember where it was, or I'd supply a link.

So the topic of this little tid bit was women who have had lipsuction on their thighs, hips, abdomen had seen growth in their breasts several months after surgery.  They interviewed a doc, who said it was an unexplained phenomenon.  Apparently, once the fat had been almost completely removed form a particular area, it found other places to deposit.  For the female, it deposited in the breasts.

Of course, our area of interest is the breasts, so I'm wondering if any of you guys that have had surgery ever noticed a shift in fat depositing to other areas.  I mean it's not enough to make surgery a no-go by any means, but I am curious if anyone noticed bigger love handles, a bigger belly pooch and the like...? 

Any input?

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
Interesting post and I'm curious to know if this is the case.
I think we would I'll hope that the fat goes somewhere else besides the breat area,

Offline whoknows

• Posting Member
well if hormonal profile becomes normal and stays normal I would assume it would go to the gut just like everyone else

thats my bro science theory

Offline PSC0002

• Bronze Member
Went to google, and took a look..  Though I'm not sure about the reliability of this site, but here it is:

http://cosmeticsurgerytoday.wordpress.com/2008/11/05/larger-breasts-a-common-side-effect-of-liposuction/

Doesn't seem like it makes mention of men and lipo.  Personally, I'd take a bigger gut vs. gyne.  Just my two cents...

Offline strato

• Posting Member
I am now 2 weeks post op and since the first day after surgery I have noticed my belly bigger than it was before the operation. I was thinking that since my chest is almost flat now and the vest compresses my upper body causing my belly look bigger even though it is the same in size. But your above post sounded more reasonable to me.

Offline PSC0002

• Bronze Member
I am now 2 weeks post op and since the first day after surgery I have noticed my belly bigger than it was before the operation.

I dunno, I don't think that your issue could be contributed to THIS particular phenomenon....  Unless you're putting on superhuman amounts of fat..  I got the impression this was something that appeared 6 + months after lipo....

Thoughts?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I'm wondering if any of you guys that have had surgery ever noticed a shift in fat depositing to other areas. I am curious if anyone noticed bigger love handles, a bigger belly pooch and the like...?

Well, unfortunately, I have put the pounds back on since surgery. My bad...  :-\  I have noticed that the fat deposits at the side of my chest are now more pronounced than what they ever were when I had gyne...  Strange huh?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline strato

• Posting Member
I have noticed that the fat deposits at the side of my chest are now more pronounced than what they ever were when I had gyne...  Strange huh?

GB

I know that the liposuction procedure does not only take out the fat itself but takes out the fat cells in the area that is applied. Consequently when you gain weight the body deposits the fat in other areas of the body other than where it used to because there are no cells in there anymore to expand.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024