Author Topic: Hey all NHS Broomfield Hospital?  (Read 4538 times)

Banobo

Hey christian. Don't worry yourself over things man, you'll be fine. I had my op friday past and i'm tip top one week after. As for anesthetic, you'll likely go into a room, they'll put a little needle thing into you hand which isnt sore. They will fill you up with all sorts of goodies so youjust drift away in a second then you'll wake up in a recovery room with lots of nices nurses fussing over you and you'll wonder if it's actually been done or not. Basicly you blink, sleepy sleepy bye byes, open eyes and hey presto it's done. I found i was in very little pain, and i got let out that night. It'll go fairly easy for you man and they'll give you pain relief if you feel sore. Do you know anything about a compression vest? have they said they will give you one? if not you'd be best odering one online before you go in, take it into hospital with you. Hope this helps man, and listen, don't worry ok it'll be fine

Offline ChristianS

• Posting Member
  • No more gyne since 28/03/09
Thanks alot banobo! :) you make me feel alot better.
I haven't even thought about a vest yet :S OMG panic lol where can i get one? which one? how much? lol have i still got enough time?  ???
they didn't say anything about a vest either so i don't even know if i will even get one of of them... (remember I'm going through NHS as i cant afford a private op, I'm just a lil apprentice  :-[)

Banobo

No worries man, Listen here is the link to the site and page of the vests i bought, they fairly cheap compared to some sites and are pretty comfy. You do have to measure your chest with a tape and enter the size in inches i think. When i done mine i took an inch off my actual size and put that down as you want it nice and tight. Not too tight though for example i was bang on a 36 inch chest so typed in a 35 inch chest. i know i know i'm a skinny little runt lol. Hope this helps

Oh alomst forgot, they cost £45 and i'm sure it only took 2 days so order early man and you'll be fine. Good luck for friday and let us know how you get on ok!

Offline ChristianS

• Posting Member
  • No more gyne since 28/03/09
Hello banobo, im afraid u actually forgot the link for it lol.
im having my operation on saturday :S wish me luck lol im still very very nervous

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024