Author Topic: Hiding a Crater  (Read 1898 times)

Offline sk1234

• Posting Member
I had surgery about two years ago I was left with a crater deformity and loose skin. This still leaves me with some of the issues that I had before the surgery except for I would say I have generally more confidence with myself etc, but never had an opportunity to walk around a beach shirtless, swim etc which really sucks. I also have this paranoia about going to gyms because I feel like it will be visible if I wear any gym like clothing and feel dumb wearing black baggier cotton shirts which makes me look less confident or small in my opinion. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to hide a crater with clothing or went through a similar thing?

Thank you.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Im sorry to hear that. Everytime I see a crater deformity it makes me real upset.

Have you thought about having one of the great surgeons on this site fix it? I've read Dr. Jacobs speak confidently about repairing them as long as he has something to work with.

What happens when you wear a compression shirt with a t-shirt?

Offline sk1234

• Posting Member
I only have compression vests that I feel are to visible underneath clothing so doesn't really help much . I think Dr. Jacobs commented on another post but I haven't really haven't researched it yet because I have got really distracted with work, school etc.I would really like to wear white, a tanktop outside etc or just comfortable gym clothing but feel really conscious about it. I honestly thought about going to a beach by myself for the first time just to get some sun but I feel like it would be to noticeable and I would get strange looks and damage skin which would make it harder to heal if/when i get a second surgery.

gynecomastia. org/smf/16/getting-revision-done-right/

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I know what you mean. The zipper on my vest pushes my shirt out on top.

I just ordered a couple underworks tank tops. Im wearing one right now. They have black or white. It feels good. Its a little thicker than the cotton ones. It would prob ride over the crater a bit cause its elastic feeling.

With a t-shirt over that it might be worth a shot. Amazon has a variety of compression shirts.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024