Author Topic: Significant others and bras  (Read 9327 times)

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
Walt,
For what it's worth, my wife also reacted strongly against my wearing a bra at first.  I explained to her that since I have them I want to take care of them and support them, and having them jiggle under my shirts makes me self-conscious.  She, too, was concerned about me "turning into a girl" (her words).  After she did a Google search about how common gynecomastia is and the number of men who wear a bra for support, she told me, "I guess I need to be more open-minded about it."  She now accepts that I wear a bra, although because she is large-breasted she teases me about my breasts being too small to need a bra.  I can tell that she is still somewhat uncomfortable about the subject, so I try not to bring it up - and I don't show off my bras to her.  I just choose the bra I feel like wearing (some of them are what you might call "pretty") and check to make sure it doesn't call attention to itself under my shirt.  Maybe as your wife learns more about gynecomastia and the large number of men it affects she will come to realize that bras are made to support breasts, whether they are on a woman or a man.  Meanwhile, just continue to try not to "rub her nose in it".  I hope things work out for you soon.  I know the stress you're under, because I lived under it too for a while.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
hi guys thanx for the replys and support , but I have a bright pink sports bra that's padded I wear to bed sometimes and she has no problem because its a pullover. the back closeure bra was very demure dark blue and no adjusters so go figure? I cant .Be well

steven618

So many thanks on the replies i forgot all about this thread. And I nust agree on what difference does it make. Im glad im not the only one who has a wife who is a bit closed minded on this area but uoset that so many of us do. 
I am 30 and unsure why my breasts are growing, they are to a point where the mildly fill an a cup and my wife would certainly not enjoy me in a bra. I do not desire to wear lacy and frilly bras with flowers and patterns ..gimme white gray and black ones front closer with strap clasps on the front preferably to conceal it all and im happy...so i def dont see the wrong in wearing one when i feel it helps alleviate things. 
I have worn bras before and typically are always a barely there brand bra that supports well and fits snug. Sports bra style abd looks like a tank top cut off under the bust and just holds things in place. She does get a bit upset about the idea but has mentioned in the past she doesnt mind in regards to if it makes ne feel better its fine, she just doesnt want me wearing one all the time and wants a heads up that im wearing one. I generally text her to say im wearing one as it gives me a disconnect from the emotion she may show face to face and gives her soace to acknowledge and breathe.
I quit wearing bras around her completely as I lost a bit of weight and with that my breasts got to a comfortable volume where they bounced a lilbut nothing major. Now in the last month they have began to sprout more and are weighing my chest a bit and the strain hurts a bit by mid to late day. I wear my sports bras every day now. But am scared to tell her i am back to wearing them because she has mentioned before when i quit that i need to choose and accept vs on again off again as it confuses and upsets her and last thing i wanna do is cause suspicions or hurt to her knowing her man her husband is wearing a bra and breasts are growing bigger. Wish i had breasts as a teen or was on medication to justify why they are growing but no meds and age 30 drs got nothing endos got nothing i got nothing and its frustrating on top of the woes of bringing uo wearing a bra again

aboywithgirls

I guess that I'm not in quite the same boat as you but I think I can offer some advice. 
I did have breasts as a teenager. Shoot, I had breasts when I was 9 or 10.  I started wearing a bra when I was 12. I filled a 34B and wearing almost all the time when I was 14.
I'm  42 now, and I wear a 36G  (coincidentally, same size as my sister). So I'm a bit on the more severe end of gynecomastia. 
My wife knows that I need to wear a bra. She only cares about me,not what I wear. She doesn't want me to be embarrassed or get teased because of my bras. Like I told.her a while back. I wear a bra because of my breasts, and whether I wear a bra or not, my breasts are still there.
Wearing a bra is not really a need. You don't need to wear shoes either but they make life better because you have feet, right?

hammer

Wearing a bra is not really a need. You don't need to wear shoes either but they make life better because you have feet, right?

That's a great to put it! As a 46H I don't NEED to wear a bra, however if I don't I get a rash from the skin on skin that turns into a very bad, so bad of a rash it can become an open sore! I also get sore shoulders, neck and back, so no I don't need to wear a bra any more then I need to wear shoes but it sure does help a hell of a lot!

Take it from someone who has learned from trial and error. Mostly from just being a suburn man who wasn't about to wear a bra!

Bob

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
Interesting discussion going on here.
I can expand on this line of thinking, taking it back to the beginning (not that I have first hand experience, but I do read a lot)
Cavemen didn't need to wear clothes, but over time, learned how much nicer it was to do just that.  
Some one with breast development doesn't need to wear a bra, but over time most have come to understand the benefits of wearing a good fitting bra. Notice I said "most",  I did not say most women!
Same reason that cavemen is generic for cave men and cave woman!!
Sorry for going silly on this but at end of day, that about sums it up.

D B

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Steven,

I have lived most of my life with mystery diseases.  Several sets of symptoms were killing me slowly.  The gynecomastia nurtured out to be of a similar cause as my mystery diseases, genetics.  So I have familial gynecomastia.  Every genetic relative I know about has big breasts, male and female.  That is a reason but noting to do about it.  Look at the good part, you missed having big breasts in middle school.  There was hell.  Be glad you have no medical problem.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024